Re: bcc syntax

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2013
      jeffrey j donovan:

      > On Jan 29, 2013, at 9:43 AM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
      >
      > > For conditional BCC, use sender_bcc_maps or recipient_bcc_maps.
      >
      > Thanks for the reply,
      >
      > So if i want to avoid bcc from specific host/ user@... I
      > need to create a bcc_map for those that I do want copied and not
      > use always_bcc.

      Let the computer do the work for you.

      /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      sender_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/sender_bcc.pcre

      /etc/postfix/sender_bcc.pcre:
      if !/^archive-sender@archive-host\.example\.com$/
      /./ archive-recipient@...
      endif

      That should bcc all mail except mail from
      archive-sender@... and mail with the null
      sender address (i.e. delivery status notifications).

      Wietse
    • jeffrey j donovan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 29, 2013
        On Jan 29, 2013, at 10:49 AM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:

        > Let the computer do the work for you.
        >
        > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
        > sender_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/sender_bcc.pcre
        >
        > /etc/postfix/sender_bcc.pcre:
        > if !/^archive-sender@archive-host\.example\.com$/
        > /./ archive-recipient@...
        > endif
        >
        > That should bcc all mail except mail from
        > archive-sender@... and mail with the null
        > sender address (i.e. delivery status notifications).
        >
        > Wietse

        Phew, thanks I was hopping I could use a regex like that, perfect.

        -j