bcc syntax

  • jeffrey j donovan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2013
      Greetings
      I am archiving mail using always_bcc = archive1. Is there a regex or a way that I can add an address to " not_always_bcc "

      lets say the archive1 typically recieves bcc's from relay. Sometimes messages from the archive are retrieved and sent to an administrator via email , using the same relays which in turn " always_bcc ".
      Can I edit the relay's to not always bcc when mail is from host x.y.z ?

      thanks for any assistance

      -j
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 29, 2013
        jeffrey j donovan:
        > Greetings
        > I am archiving mail using always_bcc = archive1. Is there a regex
        > or a way that I can add an address to " not_always_bcc "

        For conditional BCC, use sender_bcc_maps or recipient_bcc_maps.

        Wietse
      • jeffrey j donovan
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 29, 2013
          On Jan 29, 2013, at 9:43 AM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:

          > For conditional BCC, use sender_bcc_maps or recipient_bcc_maps.
          >
          > Wietse

          Thanks for the reply,

          So if i want to avoid bcc from specific host/ user@... I need to create a bcc_map for those that I do want copied and not use always_bcc.
          -j
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 29, 2013
            jeffrey j donovan:

            > On Jan 29, 2013, at 9:43 AM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
            >
            > > For conditional BCC, use sender_bcc_maps or recipient_bcc_maps.
            >
            > Thanks for the reply,
            >
            > So if i want to avoid bcc from specific host/ user@... I
            > need to create a bcc_map for those that I do want copied and not
            > use always_bcc.

            Let the computer do the work for you.

            /etc/postfix/main.cf:
            sender_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/sender_bcc.pcre

            /etc/postfix/sender_bcc.pcre:
            if !/^archive-sender@archive-host\.example\.com$/
            /./ archive-recipient@...
            endif

            That should bcc all mail except mail from
            archive-sender@... and mail with the null
            sender address (i.e. delivery status notifications).

            Wietse
          • jeffrey j donovan
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 29, 2013
              On Jan 29, 2013, at 10:49 AM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:

              > Let the computer do the work for you.
              >
              > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
              > sender_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/sender_bcc.pcre
              >
              > /etc/postfix/sender_bcc.pcre:
              > if !/^archive-sender@archive-host\.example\.com$/
              > /./ archive-recipient@...
              > endif
              >
              > That should bcc all mail except mail from
              > archive-sender@... and mail with the null
              > sender address (i.e. delivery status notifications).
              >
              > Wietse

              Phew, thanks I was hopping I could use a regex like that, perfect.

              -j