Re: fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 27, 2013
      On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 11:58:45 -0400
      FigureoTV SFM articulated:

      > Links broken.

      1) Please don't "top post".

      2) The links are working fine here.

      --
      Jerry ✌
      postfix-user@...
    • FigureoTV SFM
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 29, 2013
        On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Erwan David <erwan@...> wrote:
        > Le 27/01/2013 16:14, FigureoTV SFM a écrit :
        >
        >> Hello.
        >>
        >> I'm a postfix newbie and experiencing a lot of problems trying to get
        >> to run smoothly as it was on my previous server.
        >>
        >> I don't know what's causing these errors:
        >>
        >> Jan 27 15:07:40 hawk084 postfix/smtpd[13897]: connect from
        >> unknown[190.80.213.58]
        >> Jan 27 15:07:40 hawk084 postfix/smtpd[13897]: warning: SASL: Connect
        >> to private/auth failed: Connection refused
        >
        > First error is here, following ones are consequences.
        >
        >> I'm not using any password authentication method and got that fatal error.
        >>
        >> I can't receive or send mail.
        >>
        >> What am I doing wrong?
        >

        > You configured postfix to use SASL, through a socket that it cannot open.
        > You should review your SASL configuration.

        I still can't solve this problem. I don't know why is SASL is being
        used and I'm not doing any authentication.
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 29, 2013
          On 1/29/2013 12:13 PM, FigureoTV SFM wrote:
          > On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Erwan David <erwan@...> wrote:
          >> Le 27/01/2013 16:14, FigureoTV SFM a écrit :
          >>
          >>> Hello.
          >>>
          >>> I'm a postfix newbie and experiencing a lot of problems trying to get
          >>> to run smoothly as it was on my previous server.
          >>>
          >>> I don't know what's causing these errors:
          >>>
          >>> Jan 27 15:07:40 hawk084 postfix/smtpd[13897]: connect from
          >>> unknown[190.80.213.58]
          >>> Jan 27 15:07:40 hawk084 postfix/smtpd[13897]: warning: SASL: Connect
          >>> to private/auth failed: Connection refused
          >>
          >> First error is here, following ones are consequences.
          >>
          >>> I'm not using any password authentication method and got that fatal error.
          >>>
          >>> I can't receive or send mail.
          >>>
          >>> What am I doing wrong?
          >>

          >> You configured postfix to use SASL, through a socket that it cannot open.
          >> You should review your SASL configuration.
          >>

          > I still can't solve this problem. I don't know why is SASL is being
          > used and I'm not doing any authentication.

          Postfix is using SASL because you told it to.
          http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_sasl_auth_enable

          Maybe you can turn it off with the commands

          postconf -e smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=no
          postfix reload