Re: fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 27, 2013
      On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 11:14:48 -0400
      FigureoTV SFM articulated:

      > Hello.
      >
      > I'm a postfix newbie and experiencing a lot of problems trying to get
      > to run smoothly as it was on my previous server.

      http://www.postfix.com/DEBUG_README.html#mail

      Specifically:

      Output from "postconf -n". Please do not send your main.cf file, or
      500+ lines of postconf output.

      Better, provide output from the postfinger tool. This can be found at
      http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger.

      If the problem is SASL related, consider including the output from the
      saslfinger tool. This can be found at
      http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/saslfinger/.

      --
      Jerry ✌
      postfix-user@...
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 27, 2013
        Links broken.

        hawk084:~# postconf -n
        alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
        alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
        append_dot_mydomain = no
        biff = no
        config_directory = /etc/postfix
        inet_interfaces = all
        mail_owner = postfix
        mailbox_size_limit = 0
        maximal_backoff_time = 2000
        minimal_backoff_time = 500
        mydestination = owsmail.optimumwireless.com,
        localhost.optimumwireless.com, localhost
        myhostname = owsmail.optimumwireless.com
        mynetworks = x.x.x.x/xx
        myorigin = /etc/mailname
        queue_run_delay = 500
        readme_directory = no
        receive_override_options = no_address_mappings
        recipient_delimiter = +
        relayhost =
        smtp_helo_timeout = 60
        smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit = 500
        smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks
        permit_sasl_authenticated reject_unauth_destination
        smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
        smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth
        smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
        smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/postfix.pem
        smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/postfix.pem
        smtpd_use_tls = yes
        soft_bounce = yes
        virtual_alias_maps =
        mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-alias-maps.cf,mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-email2email.cf
        virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-mailbox-domains.cf
        virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual-mailbox-maps.cf
        virtual_transport = dovecot

        On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Jerry <postfix-user@...> wrote:
        > On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 11:14:48 -0400
        > FigureoTV SFM articulated:
        >
        >> Hello.
        >>
        >> I'm a postfix newbie and experiencing a lot of problems trying to get
        >> to run smoothly as it was on my previous server.
        >
        > http://www.postfix.com/DEBUG_README.html#mail
        >
        > Specifically:
        >
        > Output from "postconf -n". Please do not send your main.cf file, or
        > 500+ lines of postconf output.
        >
        > Better, provide output from the postfinger tool. This can be found at
        > http://ftp.wl0.org/SOURCES/postfinger.
        >
        > If the problem is SASL related, consider including the output from the
        > saslfinger tool. This can be found at
        > http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/saslfinger/.
        >
        > --
        > Jerry ✌
        > postfix-user@...
        > TO REPORT A PROBLEM see http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail
        > TO (UN)SUBSCRIBE see http://www.postfix.org/lists.html
      • Erwan David
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 27, 2013
          Le 27/01/2013 16:14, FigureoTV SFM a écrit :
          > Hello.
          >
          > I'm a postfix newbie and experiencing a lot of problems trying to get
          > to run smoothly as it was on my previous server.
          >
          > I don't know what's causing these errors:
          >
          > Jan 27 15:07:40 hawk084 postfix/smtpd[13897]: connect from
          > unknown[190.80.213.58]
          > Jan 27 15:07:40 hawk084 postfix/smtpd[13897]: warning: SASL: Connect
          > to private/auth failed: Connection refused
          First error is here, following ones are consequences.
          > I'm not using any password authentication method and got that fatal error.
          >
          > I can't receive or send mail.
          >
          > What am I doing wrong?

          You configured postfix to use SASL, through a socket that it cannot
          open. You should review your SASL configuration.
        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 27, 2013
            On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 11:58:45 -0400
            FigureoTV SFM articulated:

            > Links broken.

            1) Please don't "top post".

            2) The links are working fine here.

            --
            Jerry ✌
            postfix-user@...
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 29, 2013
              On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Erwan David <erwan@...> wrote:
              > Le 27/01/2013 16:14, FigureoTV SFM a écrit :
              >
              >> Hello.
              >>
              >> I'm a postfix newbie and experiencing a lot of problems trying to get
              >> to run smoothly as it was on my previous server.
              >>
              >> I don't know what's causing these errors:
              >>
              >> Jan 27 15:07:40 hawk084 postfix/smtpd[13897]: connect from
              >> unknown[190.80.213.58]
              >> Jan 27 15:07:40 hawk084 postfix/smtpd[13897]: warning: SASL: Connect
              >> to private/auth failed: Connection refused
              >
              > First error is here, following ones are consequences.
              >
              >> I'm not using any password authentication method and got that fatal error.
              >>
              >> I can't receive or send mail.
              >>
              >> What am I doing wrong?
              >

              > You configured postfix to use SASL, through a socket that it cannot open.
              > You should review your SASL configuration.

              I still can't solve this problem. I don't know why is SASL is being
              used and I'm not doing any authentication.
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 29, 2013
                On 1/29/2013 12:13 PM, FigureoTV SFM wrote:
                > On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Erwan David <erwan@...> wrote:
                >> Le 27/01/2013 16:14, FigureoTV SFM a écrit :
                >>
                >>> Hello.
                >>>
                >>> I'm a postfix newbie and experiencing a lot of problems trying to get
                >>> to run smoothly as it was on my previous server.
                >>>
                >>> I don't know what's causing these errors:
                >>>
                >>> Jan 27 15:07:40 hawk084 postfix/smtpd[13897]: connect from
                >>> unknown[190.80.213.58]
                >>> Jan 27 15:07:40 hawk084 postfix/smtpd[13897]: warning: SASL: Connect
                >>> to private/auth failed: Connection refused
                >>
                >> First error is here, following ones are consequences.
                >>
                >>> I'm not using any password authentication method and got that fatal error.
                >>>
                >>> I can't receive or send mail.
                >>>
                >>> What am I doing wrong?
                >>

                >> You configured postfix to use SASL, through a socket that it cannot open.
                >> You should review your SASL configuration.
                >>

                > I still can't solve this problem. I don't know why is SASL is being
                > used and I'm not doing any authentication.

                Postfix is using SASL because you told it to.
                http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_sasl_auth_enable

                Maybe you can turn it off with the commands

                postconf -e smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=no
                postfix reload