Re: SPF vs SenderID?

  • John Levine
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2013
      >The jungle drums has been rumbling about SPF2, as a result I started to
      >do some reading up on the new "standard".

      Not to cast aspersions, but the Sender-ID spec was published in 2006.
      Must be a big jungle.

      But the answer is simple: Sender-ID is dead, even Microsoft doesn't
      use it any more. You may be confusing it with the spfbis working
      group in the IETF which is revising the SPF spec. The revisions are
      minor, removing unused warts and clarifying the language.

      Nobody's code should need to change other than perhaps deleting some
      code the handles the warts.

      R's,
      John