OT? managing my posting to this list?

  • John Allen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2013
      Having screwed up once again and posted an OT to the list I was
      wondering if there is a way of deleting such postings?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 27, 2013
        John Allen:
        > Having screwed up once again and posted an OT to the list I was
        > wondering if there is a way of deleting such postings?

        No, but you might be able to hold mail in your queue until
        you are certain that it is OK to send.

        Assuming that you submit via SMTP:

        /etc/postfix/main.cf:
        smtpd_sender_restrictions = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access

        /etc/postfix/sender_access:
        user@... hold

        This mailing list forwards all your postings to mailboxes of
        subscribers world-wide (some of which re-publish it on websites,
        which are indexed by search engines etc.). There is no protocol
        to revoke email. And if such a protocol did exist, you would not
        have any guarantee that it is enforced.

        Wietse
      • John Allen
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 27, 2013
          On 27/01/2013 10:48 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
          > John Allen:
          >> Having screwed up once again and posted an OT to the list I was
          >> wondering if there is a way of deleting such postings?
          > No, but you might be able to hold mail in your queue until
          > you are certain that it is OK to send.
          >
          > Assuming that you submit via SMTP:
          >
          > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
          > smtpd_sender_restrictions = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access
          >
          > /etc/postfix/sender_access:
          > user@... hold
          >
          > This mailing list forwards all your postings to mailboxes of
          > subscribers world-wide (some of which re-publish it on websites,
          > which are indexed by search engines etc.). There is no protocol
          > to revoke email. And if such a protocol did exist, you would not
          > have any guarantee that it is enforced.
          >
          > Wietse
          As usual the answer lies in the hands of the user, Think twice before
          writing, and then twice before sending.
          JohnA