Re: How to rewrite email when sent

  • tmac
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2013
      Excellent! Thanks. I just did this on my mail relay and it works.
      I did manage to get it to work a few moments ago with canonical_maps also.

      Now, what about a step further?

      I have a a number of systems (under NIS) with the same user. When they
      generate email,
      is goes to myuser@... where myusr and mydomain are the same, but
      the host portion is different. is there a way to collapse say:

      test@... tmac@...
      test@... tmac@...
      test@... tmac@...

      into a single line? i.e. wildcard it some how
      I have not found any working examples of a wildcard in the "host"
      position above.

      Thanks

      --tmac

      On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 7:56 AM, Noel Jones <njones@...> wrote:
      > On 1/24/2013 6:42 AM, tmac wrote:
      >> I have a local host configured to relay through a mailhost.
      >> There is a local user (call it test) that I want all the email sent to me (tmac)
      >>
      >> in other words, any email sent to
      >> test@... (or test@...) should go to tmac@...
      >>
      >> I have tried relocated users, but it does not seem to be working.
      >> Is there a better (working) solution with postfix without having to
      >> deal with .forward files?
      >>

      > Use virtual_alias_maps to redirect mail.
      >
      > # virtual_alias
      > test@... tmac@...
      >
      > Run "postmap virtual_alias" after editing that file.
      >
      > # main.cf
      > virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual_alias
      >
      > Run "postfix reload" after editing main.cf
      >

      > http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#virtual
      > http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#virtual_alias_maps
      >

      > -- Noel Jones
    • Jeroen Geilman
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 24, 2013
        On 01/24/2013 02:43 PM, tmac wrote:
        > Excellent! Thanks. I just did this on my mail relay and it works.
        > I did manage to get it to work a few moments ago with canonical_maps also.
        >
        > Now, what about a step further?
        >
        > I have a a number of systems (under NIS) with the same user. When they
        > generate email,
        > is goes to myuser@... where myusr and mydomain are the same, but
        > the host portion is different. is there a way to collapse say:
        >
        > test@... tmac@...
        > test@... tmac@...
        > test@... tmac@...
        >
        > into a single line? i.e. wildcard it some how
        > I have not found any working examples of a wildcard in the "host"
        > position above.

        You can use a regex or PCRE map:

        /etc/postfix/pcre-virtual:

        /^test@[^.]+\.example$/ tmac@...

        These maps types are not postmap'ed.

        --
        J.
      • tmac
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 24, 2013
          awesome...thanks...I had flubbed my regex that I was trying..

          --tmac