Re: Restrict incoming E-Mail at different levels

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2013
      On 1/23/2013 9:00 AM, rsmits-l wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > We have a 'challenge' to make something work. I hope someone can
      > guide me in the right direction. The following has to take place :
      >
      > We have a postfix mailserver which uses relay and virtual files for
      > incoming and outgoing E-Mail traffic. We must be able to accept a
      > new incoming relay from google-apps for an address rewrite and
      > outgoing. But we want to make sure the incoming E-Mail from
      > google-apps is from google, so we want to make some restrictions :
      >
      > 1. The incoming relay is from Google (IP address check)
      > 2. From address is : ***@... (example)

      These two are pretty easy using smtpd_restriction_classes. Define a
      class that checks for your restricted sender address, then use
      check_client_access to check for the required client, else reject.

      > 3. Custom X header in the E-Mail.

      This is unclear.

      Do you want to add a custom header under particular circumstances?
      Maybe that can be part of your restriction class with a PREPEND action.

      Do you want to insure that a particular header exists? Postfix
      can't do that; you'll need a content inspection filter/proxy/milter
      such as SpamAssassin.