block email on number of recipients and on message size

  • Antonio Tommasi
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2013
      Hi to all
      i need to block email if the number of recipients is greater than a specific number and message size exceeds fixed limit.
      In main.cf i can configure message_size_limit and smtpd_recipient_limit, but i want to reject email only
      if (message_size > message_size_limit) and (smtpd_recipient_number > smtpd_recipient_limit)

      Hope in your support

      Thnaks
      Antonio Tommasi
    • Dominik George
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 23, 2013
        Hi,

        as always, postfwd might be the answer.

        -nik

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 23, 2013
          On 1/23/2013 6:22 AM, Antonio Tommasi wrote:
          > Hi to all
          > i need to block email if the number of recipients is greater than a specific number and message size exceeds fixed limit.
          > In main.cf i can configure message_size_limit and smtpd_recipient_limit, but i want to reject email only
          > if (message_size > message_size_limit) and (smtpd_recipient_number > smtpd_recipient_limit)
          >
          > Hope in your support
          >
          > Thnaks
          > Antonio Tommasi

          You may be able to do this with a policy service such as postfwd.

          This seems rather pointless to me... you penalize senders for
          network-friendly multirecipient messages, yet allow them to send the
          same message one at a time.

          Maybe if you describe the problem you're trying to solve someone
          will have a more workable solution.