Re: COMPLETELTY OT: list like this for sendmail?

  • Peter Berghold
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 21, 2013
      On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...> wrote:

      Am 21.01.2013 15:01, schrieb Peter Berghold:
      > Hi folks,
      >
      > Sorry for the off-topic post but I'm in hopes that someone on this list might have the answer I'm looking for. I
      > tried Google to no avail.
      >
      > Does anybody on this list know of a list similar to this for sendmail?  For the first time since 1999 I actually
      > need to get a question about that fine product answered. (Log file oddities)
      >
      > Does that community only exist in USENET?

      if it is not there then it does not exist

      Looked there too.

      about sendmail and it's programming language for config

      Well.. unfortunately some of us have to be conversant in more than one MTA.  Where I work we have homegrown MTAs (easiest of course to get answers for), QMail, Sendmail and Postfix.  Not as much Postfix as I'd like. Of course the corporate email solution is that monstrocity called "Exchange."

      --

      Peter L. Berghold                       Salty.Cowdawg@...

      http://blog.berghold.net

    • Jim Reid
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 21, 2013
        On 21 Jan 2013, at 14:01, Peter Berghold <salty.cowdawg@...> wrote:

        > Does anybody on this list know of a list similar to this for sendmail?

        There were/are mailing lists but Sendmail (the company) doesn't seem to be as supportive of its open source offerings as it used to. For instance the FAQ is grossly out of date -- "You should be using BIND-8" -- so plan accordingly. Take a look at:

        http://www.sendmail.com/sm/open_source/support/public_forums

        hth
      • Claus Assmann
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 21, 2013
          On Mon, Jan 21, 2013, Jim Reid wrote:

          > There were/are mailing lists but Sendmail (the company) doesn't seem

          There never was a mailing list for sendmail user discussion; the
          USENET group seems like a perfectly fine place for that purpose.

          There are still mail addresses to contact sendmail.org about bugs,
          the FAQ, etc.