Re: from <> ->

  • Robert Schetterer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 20, 2013
      Am 20.01.2013 17:22, schrieb Feel Zhou:
      > Hello, my friend
      >
      > This is Tom, I am sending my greetings from China
      >
      > I have a mail server with postfix working in the internet. I permit my
      > customer send mail via my postfix server. My customer domain is
      > example.com <http://example.com> and ip in mx is d.d.d.d
      >
      > Something write in the main.cf <http://main.cf> like that:
      > /etc/postfix/main.cf <http://main.cf>
      > mynetworks = hash:/etc/postfix/mynetworks_table.feel
      > /etc/postfix/mynetworks_table.feel
      > example.com <http://example.com> PERMIT
      > d.d.d.d PERMIT
      > I have already set more settingsin main.cf <http://main.cf>, just like that
      > /etc/postfix/main.cf <http://main.cf>
      > smtpd_helo_required = yes
      > strict_rfc821_envelopes = yes
      > smtpd_reject_unlisted_sender = yes
      > smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient = yes
      > smtpd_delay_reject = yes
      > smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
      > reject_unknown_recipient_domain
      > reject_unlisted_recipient
      > permit_sasl_authenticated
      > permit_mynetworks
      > reject_unauth_destination
      > sometimes,my customer send mail without email address, just like that
      > Jan 20 23:26:51 shcx amavis[21760]: (21760-01) Passed CLEAN, [d.d.d.d]
      > [d.d.d.d] <> -> <someone@... <mailto:someone@...>>
      >
      > How can I stop it send mail with empty mail address
      >
      > Thanks for your time

      from <> normally is a bounce etc, so it might be ok
      after all you have amavis configured too, look at its setup too

      Best Regards
      MfG Robert Schetterer

      --
      [*] sys4 AG

      http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
      Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

    • Feel Zhou
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2013
        Hello, My friend
        For now, I relly want to stop my customer send mail who use null sender address, just like that
        "Jan 20 23:26:51 shcx amavis[21760]: (21760-01) Passed CLEAN, [d.d.d.d] [d.d.d.d] <> -> <someone@...>"
        It's always spam mail or virus mail, sometimes, recipient address domain is illegal
        So I want to stop any other send address with "<>"
        How can I setting main.cf  with smtp level in the postfix? Thanks for your time
        TOM

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2013
          Am 01.03.2013 04:16, schrieb Feel Zhou:
          > Hello, My friend
          > For now, I relly want to stop my customer send mail who use null sender
          > address, just like that
          > "Jan 20 23:26:51 shcx amavis[21760]: (21760-01) Passed CLEAN, [d.d.d.d]
          > [d.d.d.d] <> -> <someone@... <mailto:someone@...>>"
          > It's always spam mail or virus mail, sometimes, recipient address domain
          > is illegal
          > So I want to stop any other send address with "<>"
          > How can I setting main.cf <http://main.cf> with smtp level in the
          > postfix? Thanks for your time
          > TOM

          as i wrote before sender "<>" is mailer daemon
          dont do it anything against it

          if the content is spam then the client may have been infected
          so drop him in total, second alternative stop his spam going outbound
          with some content filter like amavis etc, in any case inform him that he
          might got infected, or have some missconfigure , sometimes some
          anti/spam virus software likes to inform the mostly faked sender that
          his mail may was stopped filtered or not delivered by spam tag, this is
          a totally missbehave going outbound

          Best Regards
          MfG Robert Schetterer