Re: Using postfix in CentOS 6 to relay mails to First.Last@gmail.com

  • Alexander Farber
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 18, 2013
      Hello Wietse -

      On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
      > Alexander Farber:
      > HOWEVER, there is one problem that you need to be aware of. If your
      > machine forwards SPAM to gmail, then gmail will decide that your
      > server is a spammer. Gmail may then file "good" mail from your
      > machine to the spam folder. That happened when my wife forwarded
      > all her mail from work to gmail.
      >
      >> # postmap /etc/postfix/virtual
      >> # service reload postfix
      >>
      >> I've found that in
      >> http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html#virtual_alias
      >
      > You did a good job of reading.

      thank you for your software and the advice!

      I'll read up more on spam filtering and
      I've changed the /etc/postfix/virtual to
      hold certain addresses instead of wildcards

      wXXXbmaster@... First.Last@...
      wXXXbmaster@... First.Last@...

      Also I've registered the above addresses
      as my "Send mail as:" in Gmail-settings -
      maybe it will like them better then ;-)

      Regards
      Alex