Re: Relay access denied

  • Muzaffer
    Message 1 of 62 , Jan 17, 2013
      On 17 January 2013 16:17, Noel Jones <njones@...> wrote:
      On 1/17/2013 3:58 AM, Muzaffer wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Is there a simpler way of making postfix accept mail for all the
      > domains I'm hosting, than adding them one by one to
      > $virtual_alias_domains?
      >
      > Regards,

      In addition to listing the domains in main.cf, postfix can read from
      an sql database or from an indexed file.  If you have lots of
      frequently-changing domains, you are expected to generate this list
      automatically or use a shared db.

        -- Noel Jones

      I've just found out a virtual file in the format user@... example doesn't work with virtual_alias_domains. Guess I need to find another solution.
    • Muzaffer
      Message 62 of 62 , Jan 18, 2013
        On 2013-01-17 Muzaffer wrote:
        > On 17 January 2013 18:40, Ansgar Wiechers <lists@...> wrote:
        >> On 2013-01-17 Muzaffer wrote:
        >>> I've just found out a virtual file in the format user@...
        >>> example doesn't work with virtual_alias_domains. Guess I need to
        >>> find another solution.
        >>
        >> Please describe in more detail what you're trying to achieve. Given
        >> this little information it's highly unlikely anyone could come up
        >> with a satisfactory solution/recommendation.
        >
        > I'm running a server with Virtualmin, and I'd like to be able to
        > automate the generation of $virtual_alias_domains. If there is no way
        > other than adding them manually, that is also not desired but fine.

        $virtual_alias_domains is just a list of domains. This is most trivial
        to automate. The real question is: which source is providing that list?

        Judging from your comment above you probably don't want just the virtual
        alias domains, but also a list/mapping of valid recipients for those
        domains. Is that correct?

        Regards
        Ansgar Wiechers

        I've got that covered, it seems I have to put both domains and aliases in the same file, setting virtual_alias_domains = $virtual_alias_maps, and setting virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

        Thanks and regards,

        --Joel Spolsky