Re: Recommendations for antivirus

  • Jamie Griffin
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 17, 2013
      * Ned Slider <ned@...> [2013-01-17 04:25:04 +0000]:

      clamav with Sanesecurity signatures - search google for them. easy to install.

      --
      Primary Key: 4096R/1D31DC38 2011-12-03
      Key Fingerprint: A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 17, 2013
        On 01/17/2013 09:25 AM, Jamie Griffin wrote:
        > * Ned Slider <ned@...> [2013-01-17 04:25:04 +0000]:

        I use a paid antivirus that runs very well with postfix : VAMS from
        www.centralcommand.com
        It also have an antispam feature but I do not use it.
      • Robert Schetterer
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 17, 2013
          Am 16.01.2013 22:55, schrieb TFML:
          > I'm running a server on average week we receive 14,000, send 19,000, and in total deferred/bounced/rejected 5,000 -- Can you guys recommend a good antivirus that will work well with postfix. Meaning efficient in processing emails without dropping them into oblivion or kill the server CPU and/or Memory? Any suggestions will be fantastic!
          >
          > Regards,
          > Alvin

          clamav-milter/clamd works well here, should work without problems with
          your small average of mail

          Best Regards
          MfG Robert Schetterer

          --
          [*] sys4 AG

          http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
          Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

        • DTNX Postmaster
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 17, 2013
            On Jan 17, 2013, at 09:25, Jamie Griffin wrote:

            > * Ned Slider <ned@...> [2013-01-17 04:25:04 +0000]:

            We use ClamAV here as well with clamav-milter, although we found the
            Sanesecurity signatures to be too strict to use for straight rejection.
            YMMV, of course, be sure to at least test :-)

            Cya,
            Jona
          • TFML
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 18, 2013
              Thanks, I'm in the process of testing those suggested applications!

              On Jan 17, 2013, at 7:07 AM, DTNX Postmaster <postmaster@...> wrote:

              > On Jan 17, 2013, at 09:25, Jamie Griffin wrote:
              >
              >> * Ned Slider <ned@...> [2013-01-17 04:25:04 +0000]:

            • Jeroen Geilman
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 25, 2013
                On 01/16/2013 10:55 PM, TFML wrote:
                > I'm running a server on average week we receive 14,000, send 19,000, and in total deferred/bounced/rejected 5,000

                Are you certain of those numbers ?

                For any publically-reachable MX host, the amount of spam rejected is AT
                LEAST 10 times the amount of desirable mail accepted.

                Over 90% of all mail is spam, sadly; this is near-universal.

                Of course, you might be deploying a non-postfix solution as MX frontend,
                like Barracuda, but for an exposed MX host, 14:5 Ham/Spam is an entirely
                unbelievable ratio.

                --
                J.