Re: destination_rate_delay and connection_reuse_time_limit

  • Rafael Azevedo - IAGENTE
    Message 1 of 74 , Jan 9, 2013
      Em 08/01/2013, às 17:16, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> escreveu:

      > Reindl Harald:
      >>> Big deal. Now I can block all mail for gmail.com by getting 100
      >>> email messages into your queue
      >>
      >> how comes?
      >> how do you get gmail.com answer to any delivery from you with 4xx?
      >
      > He wants to temporarily suspend delivery when site has 5 consecutive
      > delivery errors without distinguishing between SMTP protocol stages
      > (such an "ignore protocol stage" switch could be added to Postfix).
      >
      > To implement a trivial DOS, I need 5 consecutive messages in his
      > mail queue, plus a handful accounts that don't accept mail.
      >
      > I have no idea where he got the 100 from - that number was not part
      > of his original problem description.

      Wietse, I've never said anything about 5 errors, you suggested that on the cohort parameter.

      When delivery starts failing because of an active block, its impossible to deliver any email after that. So it might happened to have like 10k emails to the same destination (domain).

      As I said, if this happens to be parametrized, we could set 100, 500, 1000 errors, whatever fits the needs.

      > Wietse

      Rafael
      Message 74 of 74 , Jan 9, 2013
        Rafael Azevedo - IAGENTE:
        > > When all greetings fail with 4xx or whatever then Postfix will
        > > suspend deliveries.
        >
        > I have no idea about what I'm doing wrong, this really doesn't
        > happen in my servers.

        No it doesn't. Postfix logs "delivery temporarily suspended" and
        skips Yahoo until the "dead host" timer expires.