Re: destination_rate_delay and connection_reuse_time_limit

  • Reindl Harald
    Message 1 of 74 , Jan 8, 2013
      Am 08.01.2013 20:51, schrieb Viktor Dukhovni:
      > On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 02:39:17PM -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
      >
      >> Viktor Dukhovni:

      >>> Such a feedback mechanism is a sure-fire recipe for congestive
      >>> collapse:
      >>
      >> That depends on their average mail input rate. As long as they can
      >> push out the mail from one input burst before the next input burst
      >> happens, then it may be OK that the output flow stutters sometimes.
      >
      > This is most unlikely. The sample size before the remote side clamps
      > down is likely small, so the effective throughput per throttle
      > interval will be very low.
      >
      > If Postfix backs off initially for 5 minutes, it will fully drain
      > the active queue to deferred, then get a handfull of messages
      > through, then backoff for 10 minutes (doubling each time up to the
      > maximal_backoff_time). This won't push out 50k messages/day

      you missed the PER DESTINATION

      * not "initially"
      * not globally
      * after CONFIGUREABLE temporary messages to the same destination

      on a dedicated MTA for newsletters it would even improve in many
      cass the amount of messages per day and your whole rputation
      of the ip-address you are sending from

      on a NORMAL mailserver with human senders it would make no sense

      thats why such thing must not be default but would be nice to have
      Message 74 of 74 , Jan 9, 2013
        Rafael Azevedo - IAGENTE:
        > > When all greetings fail with 4xx or whatever then Postfix will
        > > suspend deliveries.
        >
        > I have no idea about what I'm doing wrong, this really doesn't
        > happen in my servers.

        No it doesn't. Postfix logs "delivery temporarily suspended" and
        skips Yahoo until the "dead host" timer expires.