Re: destination_rate_delay and connection_reuse_time_limit

    Message 1 of 74 , Jan 8, 2013
      Rafael Azevedo - IAGENTE:
      > I truly believe that postfix is the best MTA ever, but you might
      > agree with me that when the receiver start blocking the sender,
      > its worthless to keep trying to deliver.

      1) Postfix will back off when the TCP or SMTP handshake fails. This
      is a clear signal that a site is unavailable.

      2) Postfix will not back off after [54]XX in the middle of a session.
      IN THE GENERAL CASE this does not mean that the receiver is blocking
      the sender, and backing off would be the wrong strategy.

      Message 74 of 74 , Jan 9, 2013
        Rafael Azevedo - IAGENTE:
        > > When all greetings fail with 4xx or whatever then Postfix will
        > > suspend deliveries.
        >
        > I have no idea about what I'm doing wrong, this really doesn't
        > happen in my servers.

        No it doesn't. Postfix logs "delivery temporarily suspended" and
        skips Yahoo until the "dead host" timer expires.