Re: destination_rate_delay and connection_reuse_time_limit

  • Rafael Azevedo - IAGENTE
    Message 1 of 74 , Jan 8, 2013
      Hi Viktor,

      I've added this into my main.cf:

      slow_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit = 5

      But I noticed that even after a failure, postfix keeps trying to deliver to the destination.

      Question: how can I stop postfix from trying to deliver emails after few failures?

      I mean, if it is trying to deliver to xyz.com and it fails 5 times, should postfix keep trying to deliver or is there any way that we can stop delivering for some time?

      I thought this could be done using _destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit. Am I doing something wrong?

      After this adjustments I'm still having trouble to deliver emails to this specific destination.

      This is the error I get:
      said: 450 4.7.1 You've exceeded your sending limit to this domain. (in reply to end of DATA command))

      I'm really trying to slow down the delivery speed in order to respect the destination's policies. I just can't figure out how to fix this issue.
      I've also sent more than 20 emails to network's administrator and they just won't answer. Reading on the internet I found out that there are a lot of people having the same problem with this specific provider.

      We send about 50k emails/day to 20k domains hosted on this provider that are being blocked.

      Any help would be very appreciated.

      Thanks in advance.

      Att.
      --
      Rafael Azevedo | IAGENTE
      Fone: 51 3086.0262

      Message 74 of 74 , Jan 9, 2013
        Rafael Azevedo - IAGENTE:
        > > When all greetings fail with 4xx or whatever then Postfix will
        > > suspend deliveries.
        >
        > I have no idea about what I'm doing wrong, this really doesn't
        > happen in my servers.

        No it doesn't. Postfix logs "delivery temporarily suspended" and
        skips Yahoo until the "dead host" timer expires.