Re: destination_rate_delay and connection_reuse_time_limit

    Message 1 of 74 , Jan 7, 2013
      On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 03:29:53PM -0200, Rafael Azevedo - IAGENTE wrote:

      > I believe I've activated the next hop feature in my transport table.
      >
      > If I understood it right, all I had to do is tell postfix that
      > these domains belongs to my named transport specifying the domain.
      >
      > So this is how it is now:
      > criticaldomain.tld slow:criticaldomain.tld
      > domain.tld slow:criticaldomain.tld
      >
      > Is it right?

      Correct. Together with:

      slow_destination_concurrency_limit = 1
      slow_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit = 5

      and without any:

      slow_destination_rate_delay

      which is equivalent to:

      slow_destination_rate_delay = 0s

      also don't change the defaults:

      smtp_connection_cache_on_demand = yes
      smtp_connection_cache_time_limit = 2s

      Message 74 of 74 , Jan 9, 2013
        Rafael Azevedo - IAGENTE:
        > > When all greetings fail with 4xx or whatever then Postfix will
        > > suspend deliveries.
        >
        > I have no idea about what I'm doing wrong, this really doesn't
        > happen in my servers.

        No it doesn't. Postfix logs "delivery temporarily suspended" and
        skips Yahoo until the "dead host" timer expires.