Re: greylisting

  • Robert Schetterer
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 4, 2013
      Am 04.01.2013 14:56, schrieb polloxx:
      > I have a question regarding greylisting:
      >
      > Some of our users are complaining mails have a large delay, especially
      > those from providers like gmail. This is because these use different
      > IP addresses on each delivery attempt.
      > Using listgrey is not an option.
      >
      > Anyone who has a solution for this?
      >
      > Thx,
      > P.

      use greylisting only selective, thats enough
      i.e
      http://www.arschkrebs.de/postfix/postfix_greylisting.shtml

      Best Regards
      MfG Robert Schetterer

      --
      [*] sys4 AG

      http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
      Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

    • Benny Pedersen
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 5, 2013
        polloxx skrev den 2013-01-04 14:56:
        > I have a question regarding greylisting:
        >
        > Some of our users are complaining mails have a large delay,
        > especially
        > those from providers like gmail. This is because these use different
        > IP addresses on each delivery attempt.
        > Using listgrey is not an option.
        >
        > Anyone who has a solution for this?

        use pypolicyd-spf latest version and then if spf pass dont greylist, if
        sender is after this test still gmail.org then greylist or reject that
        user for not using gmail servers

        # For a fully commented sample config file see
        policyd-spf.conf.commented

        debugLevel = 1
        defaultSeedOnly = 1

        HELO_reject = SPF_Not_Pass
        Mail_From_reject = SPF_Not_Pass

        PermError_reject = True
        TempError_Defer = False

        skip_addresses = 127.0.0.0/8

        Header_Type = AR
        Authserv_Id = duggi.junc.org

        then do greylist AFTER check spf

        and if spf passed skip greylist google postfwd as an example config,
        but with spf as above then its not needed to use another daemon

        and lastly remember to not greylist non existsing recipient,
        reject_unlisted_recipient before check_policy_service
      • polloxx
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 5, 2013
          Thanks to all of you for the suggestions.