Re: FQDN Problem after Migrating to Virtual Domains

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2013
      On Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 05:40:41PM -0500, Michael Sloan wrote:

      > Currently I have the following defined:
      >
      > myhostname = mail.dept.university.edu
      > mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain
      > virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/virtual_mailbox_domains.cf

      If your domain is a virtual mailbox domain, you should probably
      not even list $myhostname in $mydestination.

      Rather:

      main.cf:
      # Convenience
      #

      # Envelope recipient 1-to-many rewriting
      #
      virtual_alias_maps = ${indexed}virtual

      # Empty, non-legacy setting.
      #
      parent_domain_matches_subdomains =

      # Mail is only processed via local(8) when explicitly aliased
      # there via virtual(5). Local system accounts are not externally
      # addressable:
      #
      mydestination = local.invalid

      # Sender addresses are @ the domain, not the mailhost.
      #
      myorigin = $mydomain

      # Reject external mail to/from the "invalid" TLD.
      # Add other rules as desired. Consider simplifying
      # via smtpd_relay_restrictions in 2.10.
      #
      smtpd_sender_restrictions =
      check_sender_access ${indexed}access-from,

      smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
      check_recipient_access ${indexed}access-to,
      permit_mynetworks,
      permit_sasl_authenticated,
      reject_unauth_destination
      # ... more rules

      #smtpd_relay_restrictions =
      # permit_mynetworks,
      # permit_sasl_authenticated,
      # reject_unauth_destination

      access-to:
      invalid REJECT 5.1.2 invalid recipient domain
      .invalid REJECT 5.1.2 invalid recipient domain

      access-from:
      invalid REJECT 5.1.2 invalid sender domain
      .invalid REJECT 5.1.2 invalid sender domain

      > Can I add a local alias for user which redirects to
      > user@..., or is there a better way to solve this
      > issue?

      To accept mail for legacy domains, it is best to implement them
      as virtual alias domains.

      main.cf:
      virtual_alias_domains = $myhostname

      virtual:
      # Legacy domain
      user1@... user

      # System account delivery
      user2@... user@...

      Finally browse the appropriate headinds undef BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README
      and STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.