Re: maillog - identifying port smtp, submission

  • Benny Pedersen
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 27, 2012
      santosh malavade skrev den 2012-12-28 05:59:

      > smtp 25
      > submission 587

      in master.cf set -o syslog_name=foo for the 2 services

      then in syslog its possible to split them to 2 seperate files if wanted
    • santosh malavade
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 28, 2012

        > Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 06:05:06 +0100
        > From: me@...
        > To: postfix-users@...
        > Subject: Re: maillog - identifying port smtp, submission
        >
        > santosh malavade skrev den 2012-12-28 05:59:
        >
        > > smtp 25
        > > submission 587
        >
        > in master.cf set -o syslog_name=foo for the 2 services

        I have been able to override the syslog_name parameter for the submission port.

        > then in syslog its possible to split them to 2 seperate files if wanted

        if possible, pls. provide example  of this.

        Thanks.

        Rgds,

        Santosh Malavade

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 28, 2012
          Benny Pedersen:
          > santosh malavade skrev den 2012-12-28 05:59:
          >
          > > smtp 25
          > > submission 587
          >
          > in master.cf set -o syslog_name=foo for the 2 services
          >
          > then in syslog its possible to split them to 2 seperate files if wanted

          With vanilla syslog daemons, splitting the files might be easier
          by setting "-o syslog_facility=local1" or something similar in
          master.cf, and having a rule "local1.* /path/to/file" in
          syslog.conf.

          You MAY have to create the new logfile by hand, and you WILL have
          to update the logfile rotation procedure.