Re: Appending to a parameter using postconf

  • Robert Moskowitz
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 24, 2012
      On 12/24/2012 11:30 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > Robert Moskowitz:
      >> got an error.
      >>
      >> My script contained the lines:
      >>
      >> postconf -e 'smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authentication,\
      >> permit_mynetworks,\
      >> reject_unauth_destinations'
      >>
      >> And the error I got:
      >>
      >> postfix: fatal: -e or -# accepts no multi-line input
      >>
      >> So I am missing something...
      > You can pretty much forget about backslash-newline inside strings.
      >
      > You'd have to use " quotes, but those don't prevent $parameter_name
      > expansion.

      Oh well. Will have to live with this. I suppose a skilled script writer
      could build the single line from multiple input lines in the script. I
      am good for this time around; will look more into it another time.

      And I *think* I have postfix configured so on to Dovecot for the next
      component.

      > Please FIX YOUR MAIL CLIENT so that it respects the REPLY-TO header.
      > I don't need two copies of your replies. You already send multiple
      > follow-ups at a time, so I am sure that I have deleted some unread.

      I will better train myself to just <cntl-R> for list replies, rather
      than <cntl-sft-R> that I have to use in most non-list cases. Sorry
      about that.