Re: better way to rewrite sender address -- how?

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 21, 2012
      Hleb Valoshka:
      > My patch is very small it's only few LOC (I like the way postfix is
      > written) and reodering is disabled by default so it won't require much
      > efforts to maintain it. I hope Wietse will be interesting in it :)

      The cleanup daemon supports multiple address transformations. Like
      (too) many other things in Postfix, the order of these transformations
      is entirely hard-coded. This may not be the prettiest thing in the
      world, but it has the benefit that it is easy to explain. Features
      that are difficult to explain will not be used, or worse, they will
      be used incorrectly.

      If there is a mechanism to eliminate hard-coded behavior from Postfix
      than that could be an improvement. However a patch that only swaps
      the order for a random subset of address transformations makes
      Postfix harder to explain, and that is not an improvement.