Re: Tool to read queued messages?

  • /dev/rob0
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 13, 2012
      On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 05:42:53PM -0500, David Hubbard wrote:
      > Hi all, was wondering if anyone has a handy tool,
      > cat -v and pipe to something, perl class, etc. for
      > outputting a queued message file to stdout but
      > have the line breaks display rather than the
      > control characters? It's difficult to troubleshoot
      > where deferred messages from mailer-daemon originally

      Bounces? Why are you sending bounces? This is usually a symptom of
      bigger problems.

      > came from when looking at the raw files because
      > all the headers, postfix control info and message
      > body are displayed together as two long lines.

      In addition to postcat(1) as mentioned upthread, you can trace the
      queue ID in your logs. That will probably also reveal the reasons
      behind the bounces.
    • Stan Hoeppner
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 14, 2012
        On 12/13/2012 4:52 PM, David Hubbard wrote:
        > Thanks everyone for the postcat tip; obviously I'm
        > new to postfix. Finally had to get off qmail after
        > years of resisting.

        Welcome to Postfix David. I'm sure you'll find many things you like
        better than qmail, some maybe not so much. But I think you'll find an
        active support community with Postfix. The fact that the author himself
        still answers questions, daily, should tell you something about the
        level of support Postfix receives, unlike what happened to qmail.

        --
        Stan