Re: Ubuntu Upgrade broke my TLS

  • Benny Pedersen
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 13, 2012
      Tony Nelson skrev den 13-12-2012 02:04:

      > It appears that my upgrade didn't go so well. After running apt-get
      > update/upgrade I ended up upgrading some 250+ packages, including
      > Postfix. I now have 2.9.3-2~12.04.4 as you suggested and TLS has
      > started working again.

      thanks for using opensource that are precompiled :=)

      with freebsd/gentoo this problem would not exists
    • Tony Nelson
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 13, 2012
        Actually I have TLS working both internally and externally. The only problem I was experiencing that I could adequately describe to the list was internally to my exchange servers. It was 100% repeatable. My theory was that if I resolved the internal problem any other similar related problems would be fixed as well.

        Thank you again to everyone who helped me resolve my issue. Everything seems fine today.

        -Tony

        On Dec 13, 2012, at 1:27 AM, "Stan Hoeppner" <stan@...> wrote:

        > On 12/12/2012 6:05 PM, Tony Nelson wrote:
        >
        >> I think it's in my best interest to get TLS operational again.
        >
        > So, you encrypt the transmission from the internal corporate groupware
        > server to the gateway server via a private network that you completely
        > control. But then you relay the same message over the public internet
        > in plain text.
        >
        > There seems to be a flaw in your logic, in your threat assessment. Your
        > stated posture makes it seem you are more worried about malicious packet
        > sniffing inside your perimeter than outside.
        >
        > --
        > Stan

        Since 1982, Starpoint Solutions has been a trusted source of human capital and solutions. We are committed to our clients, employees, environment, community and social concerns. We foster an inclusive culture based on trust, respect, honesty and solid performance. Learn more about Starpoint and our social responsibility at http://www.starpoint.com/social_responsibility

        This email message from Starpoint Solutions LLC is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Starpoint Solutions shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.
      • Scott Kitterman
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 13, 2012
          On Thursday, December 13, 2012 03:05:12 PM Benny Pedersen wrote:
          > Tony Nelson skrev den 13-12-2012 02:04:
          > > It appears that my upgrade didn't go so well. After running apt-get
          > > update/upgrade I ended up upgrading some 250+ packages, including
          > > Postfix. I now have 2.9.3-2~12.04.4 as you suggested and TLS has
          > > started working again.
          >
          > thanks for using opensource that are precompiled :=)
          >
          > with freebsd/gentoo this problem would not exists

          Thanks for spread FUD about other FOSS projects. If the OP had left his
          system in the default configuration and installed all available updates, the
          problem would not have existed.

          Being on FreeBSD or Gentoo wouldn't help if the system isn't kept up to date.

          Scott K
        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 13, 2012
            On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 09:40:50 -0500
            Scott Kitterman articulated:

            > Being on FreeBSD or Gentoo wouldn't help if the system isn't kept up
            > to date.

            +1

            --
            Jerry ✌
            postfix-user@...
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 13, 2012
              Scott Kitterman skrev den 13-12-2012 15:40:

              > Being on FreeBSD or Gentoo wouldn't help if the system isn't kept up
              > to date.

              same problem goes with windows :)

              i miss DS in junc.org thanks to org tld i can not secure dkim :(
            • Benny Pedersen
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 13, 2012
                Jerry skrev den 13-12-2012 17:24:

                >> Being on FreeBSD or Gentoo wouldn't help if the system isn't kept up
                >> to date.
                > +1

                +2, point is the problem is less on the above 2