TNEF

  • The Doctor
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 2012
      Direct Question:

      How can postfix used TNEF without an external agent
      such as Amavis or MailSCanner?

      --
      Member - Liberal International This is doctor@... Ici doctor@...
      http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Merry Christmas 2012 and Happy New Year 2013

      believed to be clean.
    • Duane Hill
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 10, 2012
        On Monday, 10 December, 2012 at 14:49:47 UTC, doctor@... confabulated:

        > Direct Question:

        > How can postfix used TNEF without an external agent
        > such as Amavis or MailSCanner?

        > --
        > Member - Liberal International This is doctor@... Ici doctor@...
        > God,Queen and country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising!
        > http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Merry Christmas 2012 and Happy New Year 2013

        Tell the email program to stop sending messages in rich text format.

        --
        If at first you don't succeed...
        ...so much for skydiving.
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 10, 2012
          On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 02:59:25PM +0000, Duane Hill wrote:
          > On Monday, 10 December, 2012 at 14:49:47 UTC, doctor@... confabulated:
          >
          > > Direct Question:
          >
          > > How can postfix used TNEF without an external agent
          > > such as Amavis or MailSCanner?
          >
          > > --
          > > Member - Liberal International This is doctor@... Ici doctor@...
          > > God,Queen and country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising!
          > > http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Merry Christmas 2012 and Happy New Year 2013
          >

          > Tell the email program to stop sending messages in rich text format.

          That would be nice but with the stupidity of M$ clients
          such as Outlook, OE, and Mail, and convincing clients they should uninstall
          and never see it again might take a bit of a miracle.

          Also converting these things would be better.

          Still we need to find a way of just replacing these non-standard
          e-mail!

          --
        • postfix@netorbit.it
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 12, 2012
            On 10/12/2012 16:09, The Doctor wrote:
            > On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 02:59:25PM +0000, Duane Hill wrote:
            >> On Monday, 10 December, 2012 at 14:49:47 UTC, doctor@... confabulated:
            >>
            >>> Direct Question:
            >>> How can postfix used TNEF without an external agent
            >>> such as Amavis or MailSCanner?
            There's YTNEF Filter, which runs as Content Filter which transforms the
            "winmail.dat" file to regular attachments.
            http://www.viraj.org/ytnef_smtpd/

            It's Python code. You may just need to hack it a little bit to handle
            weird chars in referred file name attachments.
            The code creates the final attachment file name (and temp file name too)
            out of the original one, but some chars should be escaped (or better
            trimmed out) in order to be used in a UNIX/shell environment.