Problem setting a config variable

  • Frank Greif
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2012
      Hello List,

      I have a problem setting a config variable. My goal is to achieve the
      behaviour that Postfix reads the 'myorigin' config variable from the
      /etc/mailname file. I have found some descriptions (for example,
      https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Postfix and
      http://linux.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/linuxadmin-l/postfix-error-4272661)
      saying 'put the full path name of your file into the config file, and
      Postfix will read the first line of that file and use this value:
      myorigin = /etc/mailname.' Unfortunately, I could not find exact
      references as to which version(s) this rule applies.

      If I try to do that -> postfix tells me that the main.cf has a config
      error, and it exactly mentions the slash character of the
      '/etc/mailname' value of the 'myorigin' variable.

      If that matters: postconf -d says that myorigin has default '$myhostname'.

      Postfix version is 2.7.1. on a Debian squeeze.

      Thanks in advance for your help.
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2012
        Frank Greif:
        > Hello List,
        >
        > I have a problem setting a config variable. My goal is to achieve the
        > behaviour that Postfix reads the 'myorigin' config variable from the
        > /etc/mailname file. I have found some descriptions (for example,

        That is a DEBIAN feature. Ask DEBIAN support.