smtpd_relay_restrictions in main.cf

  • Grant
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2012
      I recently upgraded from 2.9.4 to 2.10_pre20121123 on Gentoo which fixed a mail problem I was having.  The ebuild gave me this info after installation:

      "adding smtpd_relay_restrictions to main.cf to prevent inbound mail from unexpectedly bouncing. Specify an empty smtpd_relay_restrictions value to keep using smtpd_recipient_restrictions as before."

      Since I have the following in master.cf:

      -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject_plaintext_session,permit_sasl_authenticated,reject

      Should I have the following in main.cf?

      smtpd_relay_restrictions =

      - Grant
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2012
        On 12/9/2012 3:21 PM, Grant wrote:
        > I recently upgraded from 2.9.4 to 2.10_pre20121123 on Gentoo which
        > fixed a mail problem I was having. The ebuild gave me this info
        > after installation:
        >
        > "adding smtpd_relay_restrictions to main.cf <http://main.cf> to
        > prevent inbound mail from unexpectedly bouncing. Specify an empty
        > smtpd_relay_restrictions value to keep using
        > smtpd_recipient_restrictions as before."
        >
        > Since I have the following in master.cf <http://master.cf>:
        >
        > -o
        > smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject_plaintext_session,permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
        >
        > Should I have the following in main.cf <http://main.cf>?
        >
        > smtpd_relay_restrictions =
        >
        > - Grant

        Yes, that's fine.