Re: Status code of multiline responses logged

    • Reindl Harald
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 8, 2012
        Am 08.12.2012 20:01, schrieb Noel Jones:
        > On 12/8/2012 10:35 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
        >> i know, but i am really unsure if i can use the devel-release
        >> for production, technically the update is done in 5 minutes and
        >> the same time i am impressed about the way you are not breaking
        >> backward compatibility over many years like most other dveloper
        >> does i think you must have good reasons to call it a
        >> development release and not 2.10 GA
        >>
        > As the postfix download page says, the developmental releases are
        > production-quality; it's the features that are considered
        > developmental. I've probably used 100+ snapshot versions in
        > production with no notable incidents.
        >
        > Updates with significant new code are clearly marked
        > non-production until the code has been fully tested. These are
        > only released occasionally; there isn't one available right now.
        >
        > The features and controls do change, so you're expected to use a
        > reasonably current snapshot; if you want to install something and
        > not touch it for years, stick with -stable.

        thank you for the feedback

        this sounds really good and i will give 2.10-devel a try as soon
        as i have my currently jobs finished, means in the days between
        christmas and new year

        i thought so because i am impressed of the quality of postfix
        at all and especially the way Wietses attitude to not break
        configurations not just for fun - as said some months ago:

        this world would be a better one if more developers would
        have this attitude - throwing things away and restart from
        scratch with all sorts of regressions is easy, a development
        like postfix have since many years is real quality

        thanks again for a real good application which works in a way
        you sometimes forget that it exists!