Client access tables based on SASL-authenticated username

  • Nikolaos Milas
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2012
      Hi,

      Quick question:

      Is there a way to create some client restrictions based on the SASL-auth
      username of the client? Or this is only achievable via a policy server,
      like postfwd?

      For example, I would like to have restrictions of the form: "Only
      clients authenticated with the SASL-auth username 'secretary' or 'chief'
      will be allowed to submit mail to the recipient address
      allstaff@...."

      I know we can set restrictions based on the IP address of the client,
      but what about the SASL-auth username?

      Thanks in advance,
      Nick
    • Patrick Ben Koetter
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2012
        * Nikolaos Milas <nmilas@...>:
        > Quick question:
        >
        > Is there a way to create some client restrictions based on the
        > SASL-auth username of the client? Or this is only achievable via a
        > policy server, like postfwd?
        >
        > For example, I would like to have restrictions of the form: "Only
        > clients authenticated with the SASL-auth username 'secretary' or
        > 'chief' will be allowed to submit mail to the recipient address
        > allstaff@...."
        >
        > I know we can set restrictions based on the IP address of the
        > client, but what about the SASL-auth username?

        $ man 5 postconf | less +/^smtpd_sender_login_maps
        $ man 5 postconf | less +/^reject_sender_login_mismatch
        $ man 5 postconf | less +/^reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch
        $ man 5 postconf | less +/^reject_unauthenticated_sender_login_mismatch

        p@rick

        --
        [*] sys4 AG

        http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
        Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

      • Nikolaos Milas
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2012
          On 8/12/2012 1:07 πμ, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:

          > $ man 5 postconf | less +/^smtpd_sender_login_maps
          > $ man 5 postconf | less +/^reject_sender_login_mismatch
          > $ man 5 postconf | less +/^reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch
          > $ man 5 postconf | less +/^reject_unauthenticated_sender_login_mismatch

          Thanks Patrick,

          I see. It will work.

          Regards,
          Nick