Re: Bounces back to myself

  • Reindl Harald
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
      Am 07.12.2012 09:37, schrieb Muzaffer Tolga Özses:
      >> do not accept mail unless you deliver it.
      >>
      >> now, if you have queued mail to remove, you can use
      >> # postsuper -d $queueid
      >>
      > The domain exists, but not the user. How do I achieve your suggestion?

      in my setup "local_recipient_maps" must contain all existent RCPT
      but my setup maybe very special qith a lot of mysql-maps and tables
      because dbmail as storage/imap/pop3

      BEFORE any mailserver will be connected to the internet it
      is a basic task to make 100% sure not accept messages which
      can not be finally delivered - either you will get blacklisted
      because backscattering very soon
    • Muzaffer Tolga Özses
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
        On 12/07/2012 12:39 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

        > Am 07.12.2012 09:37, schrieb Muzaffer Tolga Özses:
        >>> do not accept mail unless you deliver it.
        >>>
        >>> now, if you have queued mail to remove, you can use
        >>> # postsuper -d $queueid
        >>>
        >> The domain exists, but not the user. How do I achieve your suggestion?
        > in my setup "local_recipient_maps" must contain all existent RCPT
        > but my setup maybe very special qith a lot of mysql-maps and tables
        > because dbmail as storage/imap/pop3
        >
        > BEFORE any mailserver will be connected to the internet it
        > is a basic task to make 100% sure not accept messages which
        > can not be finally delivered - either you will get blacklisted
        > because backscattering very soon

        NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-ea0-f172.google.com[209.85.215.172]: 550 5.1.1 <root@...>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<tolga@...> to=<root@...> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-ea0-f172.google.com> <--- This piece of log is from when I try to mail root@... directly.

        2617A9BFF: to=<root@...>, relay=virtual, delay=0.01, delays=0/0/0/0, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (unknown user: "root@...") <--- This is from when the system-sent mail to root is redirected to root@....

        In both cases root@... does not exist. How can I silently discard in the second case?

        Regards,
      • Reindl Harald
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
          Am 07.12.2012 12:26, schrieb Muzaffer Tolga Özses:

          > On 12/07/2012 12:39 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
          >> BEFORE any mailserver will be connected to the internet it
          >> is a basic task to make 100% sure not accept messages which
          >> can not be finally delivered - either you will get blacklisted
          >> because backscattering very soon
          >>
          > NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-ea0-f172.google.com[209.85.215.172]: 550 5.1.1 <root@...>:
          > Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<tolga@...>
          > to=<root@...> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-ea0-f172.google.com> <--- This piece of log is from when I try
          > to mail root@... directly.

          so your config is fine, what's the problem

          > 2617A9BFF: to=<root@...>, relay=virtual, delay=0.01, delays=0/0/0/0, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced
          > (unknown user: "root@...") <--- This is from when the system-sent mail to root is redirected to
          > root@....
          >
          > In both cases root@... does not exist. How can I silently discard in the second case?

          you do NOT want to discard SYSTEM-MAILS

          in the whole thread was not clear for me that you speak about
          local delivery and not SMTP

          /etc/aliases:
          # Person who should get root's mail
          root: whoever@...

          "newaliases" needs to be called after changes!
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
            On 12/7/2012 5:26 AM, Muzaffer Tolga Özses wrote:
            > NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-ea0-f172.google.com[209.85.215.172]:
            > 550 5.1.1 <root@...>: Recipient address rejected:
            > User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<tolga@...>
            > to=<root@...> proto=ESMTP
            > helo=<mail-ea0-f172.google.com> <--- This piece of log is from when
            > I try to mail root@... directly.

            This is correct behavior; SMTP mail to unknown recipient is rejected.

            > 2617A9BFF: to=<root@...>, relay=virtual, delay=0.01,
            > delays=0/0/0/0, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (unknown user:
            > "root@...") <--- This is from when the system-sent
            > mail to root is redirected to root@....

            This is correct behavior; undeliverable local mail submitted via the
            sendmail(1) interface is returned to sender.

            > In both cases root@... does not exist. How can I
            > silently discard in the second case?

            Add a virtual_alias_maps entry redirecting root to a valid
            recipient. If you don't want these potentially important messages,
            you can direct the valid recipient to the discard: transport with a
            transport_maps entry.

            -- Noel Jones
          • Muzaffer
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012