Redirecting queued messages

  • Luigi Rosa
    • Birta Levente
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2012
        On 07/12/2012 09:12, Luigi Rosa wrote:

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2012
          On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 08:12:34AM +0100, Luigi Rosa wrote:

          > Hi,
          > I have a border SMTP server that has some local mailbox and relays other
          > recipients to an internal Exchange server
          >
          > Relay to Exchange is done via transport file with something like this:
          >
          > exchange.acme.com relay:[10.10.10.10]
          >

          > Old Exchange has been decommisioned and moved to a new host 10.10.10.11
          >
          > I have updated transport file to reflact the new IP, but I still have some
          > mails in queue like this:
          >
          > 3YHHKX0CKSzB96g 14711 Thu Dec 6 14:12:32 xxx@...
          > (delivery temporarily suspended: connect to 10.10.10.10[10.10.10.10]:25:
          > Connection timed out)
          >
          > Is there a way to redirect the queued emails to the new server using "local"
          > postfix tools instead of something like dual IP on Exchnge server?

          Postfix does NOT cache transport lookups in the queue file, each
          time a message is retried new transport lookups are performed for
          each recipient.

          Perhaps your active queue contained a backlog of messages awaiting their
          next attempt to reach the dead server. With the transport table updated
          you just need to wait, but if you prefer, a "postfix reload" will drain
          the active queue back into the incoming queue, and the transport lookups
          will then be fresh.

          Just waiting is another option, the messages will be retried and will
          use the updated transport.

          Don't use "postsuper -r", unless the queue files contain stale content_filter
          settings or require a fresh round of address rewriting by cleanup(8).

        • Luigi Rosa
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2012
            Viktor Dukhovni said the following on 07/12/2012 16:46:

            > Postfix does NOT cache transport lookups in the queue file, each
            > time a message is retried new transport lookups are performed for
            > each recipient.
            >
            > Perhaps your active queue contained a backlog of messages awaiting their
            > next attempt to reach the dead server. With the transport table updated
            > you just need to wait, but if you prefer, a "postfix reload" will drain
            > the active queue back into the incoming queue, and the transport lookups
            > will then be fresh.

            You are right, waiting for the next retry solved the problem.

            Thanks!

            Ciao,
            luigi

            --
            /
            +--[Luigi Rosa]--

            8 bit di dati, 1 bit di stop, nessuna pieta`