Re: Bounces back to myself

    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 6, 2012
      Le 06/12/2012 14:58, Muzaffer Tolga Özses a écrit :

      > On 12/05/2012 03:57 PM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
      >> Muzaffer Tolga Özses skrev den 04-12-2012 09:10:
      >>
      >>> mydestination = localhost
      >>
      >> try using it as default, comment it in main.cf
      >>
      >> if it still loops then recipient domain is missing in mysql
      >>
      >> virtual_mailbox_domains
      >>
      >>> virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf
      >>> virtual_mailbox_domains =
      >>> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
      >>
      >> try postmap -q example.org
      >> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
      >>
      >> no output ?, then example.org is missing in sql data, make sure
      >> mydestination domains exists here, if you want to change it to just
      >> localhost in main.cf
      >>
      >> test with youŕ own domain to make sure it works
      >>
      >> mail.bilgisayarciniz.org
      >>
      >> are missing ?
      >>
      >> drupalizm.com
      >>
      >> works in postmap
      >>

      > Hi again,
      >
      > I've resolved all but one of these bouncing issues. How do I silently
      > discard e-mails sent to an unknown user, because they also bounce?

      do not accept mail unless you deliver it.

      now, if you have queued mail to remove, you can use
      # postsuper -d $queueid
    • Muzaffer Tolga Özses
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
        On 12/06/2012 11:38 PM, mouss wrote:
        > Le 06/12/2012 14:58, Muzaffer Tolga Özses a écrit :

        >>> try using it as default, comment it in main.cf
        >>>
        >>> if it still loops then recipient domain is missing in mysql
        >>>
        >>> virtual_mailbox_domains

        >>> try postmap -q example.org
        >>> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
        >>>
        >>> no output ?, then example.org is missing in sql data, make sure
        >>> mydestination domains exists here, if you want to change it to just
        >>> localhost in main.cf
        >>>
        >>> test with youŕ own domain to make sure it works
        >>>
        >>> mail.bilgisayarciniz.org
        >>>
        >>> are missing ?
        >>>
        >>> drupalizm.com
        >>>
        >>> works in postmap
        >>>

        >> Hi again,
        >>
        >> I've resolved all but one of these bouncing issues. How do I silently
        >> discard e-mails sent to an unknown user, because they also bounce?
        >
        > do not accept mail unless you deliver it.
        >
        > now, if you have queued mail to remove, you can use
        > # postsuper -d $queueid

        The domain exists, but not the user. How do I achieve your suggestion?

        Regards,
      • Reindl Harald
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
          Am 07.12.2012 09:37, schrieb Muzaffer Tolga Özses:
          >> do not accept mail unless you deliver it.
          >>
          >> now, if you have queued mail to remove, you can use
          >> # postsuper -d $queueid
          >>
          > The domain exists, but not the user. How do I achieve your suggestion?

          in my setup "local_recipient_maps" must contain all existent RCPT
          but my setup maybe very special qith a lot of mysql-maps and tables
          because dbmail as storage/imap/pop3

          BEFORE any mailserver will be connected to the internet it
          is a basic task to make 100% sure not accept messages which
          can not be finally delivered - either you will get blacklisted
          because backscattering very soon
        • Muzaffer Tolga Özses
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
            On 12/07/2012 12:39 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

            > Am 07.12.2012 09:37, schrieb Muzaffer Tolga Özses:
            >>> do not accept mail unless you deliver it.
            >>>
            >>> now, if you have queued mail to remove, you can use
            >>> # postsuper -d $queueid
            >>>
            >> The domain exists, but not the user. How do I achieve your suggestion?
            > in my setup "local_recipient_maps" must contain all existent RCPT
            > but my setup maybe very special qith a lot of mysql-maps and tables
            > because dbmail as storage/imap/pop3
            >
            > BEFORE any mailserver will be connected to the internet it
            > is a basic task to make 100% sure not accept messages which
            > can not be finally delivered - either you will get blacklisted
            > because backscattering very soon

            NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-ea0-f172.google.com[209.85.215.172]: 550 5.1.1 <root@...>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<tolga@...> to=<root@...> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-ea0-f172.google.com> <--- This piece of log is from when I try to mail root@... directly.

            2617A9BFF: to=<root@...>, relay=virtual, delay=0.01, delays=0/0/0/0, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (unknown user: "root@...") <--- This is from when the system-sent mail to root is redirected to root@....

            In both cases root@... does not exist. How can I silently discard in the second case?

            Regards,
          • Reindl Harald
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
              Am 07.12.2012 12:26, schrieb Muzaffer Tolga Özses:

              > On 12/07/2012 12:39 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
              >> BEFORE any mailserver will be connected to the internet it
              >> is a basic task to make 100% sure not accept messages which
              >> can not be finally delivered - either you will get blacklisted
              >> because backscattering very soon
              >>
              > NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-ea0-f172.google.com[209.85.215.172]: 550 5.1.1 <root@...>:
              > Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<tolga@...>
              > to=<root@...> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-ea0-f172.google.com> <--- This piece of log is from when I try
              > to mail root@... directly.

              so your config is fine, what's the problem

              > 2617A9BFF: to=<root@...>, relay=virtual, delay=0.01, delays=0/0/0/0, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced
              > (unknown user: "root@...") <--- This is from when the system-sent mail to root is redirected to
              > root@....
              >
              > In both cases root@... does not exist. How can I silently discard in the second case?

              you do NOT want to discard SYSTEM-MAILS

              in the whole thread was not clear for me that you speak about
              local delivery and not SMTP

              /etc/aliases:
              # Person who should get root's mail
              root: whoever@...

              "newaliases" needs to be called after changes!
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
                On 12/7/2012 5:26 AM, Muzaffer Tolga Özses wrote:
                > NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-ea0-f172.google.com[209.85.215.172]:
                > 550 5.1.1 <root@...>: Recipient address rejected:
                > User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<tolga@...>
                > to=<root@...> proto=ESMTP
                > helo=<mail-ea0-f172.google.com> <--- This piece of log is from when
                > I try to mail root@... directly.

                This is correct behavior; SMTP mail to unknown recipient is rejected.

                > 2617A9BFF: to=<root@...>, relay=virtual, delay=0.01,
                > delays=0/0/0/0, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (unknown user:
                > "root@...") <--- This is from when the system-sent
                > mail to root is redirected to root@....

                This is correct behavior; undeliverable local mail submitted via the
                sendmail(1) interface is returned to sender.

                > In both cases root@... does not exist. How can I
                > silently discard in the second case?

                Add a virtual_alias_maps entry redirecting root to a valid
                recipient. If you don't want these potentially important messages,
                you can direct the valid recipient to the discard: transport with a
                transport_maps entry.

                -- Noel Jones
              • Muzaffer
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012