Re: user lookup error

  • Dan Lists
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 5, 2012
      On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:

      > I will not base Postfix development on UNDOCUMENTED return values.
      > That is unmaintainable.

      I've brought it up on the FreeBSD lists. I suggested that it is a bug
      for getpwnam_r to act the way it is. I'll probably end up submitting
      a bug report. I think getpwnam_r should act differently. If not, it
      should be documented.

      > I can offer to provide a config option with an errno whitelist for
      > getpwxx_r errno values, so that you can deal with the mess.

      That would certainly work. Thanks.
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 5, 2012
        Dan Lists:
        > On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I will not base Postfix development on UNDOCUMENTED return values.
        > > That is unmaintainable.
        >
        > I've brought it up on the FreeBSD lists. I suggested that it is a bug
        > for getpwnam_r to act the way it is. I'll probably end up submitting
        > a bug report. I think getpwnam_r should act differently. If not, it
        > should be documented.
        >
        > > I can offer to provide a config option with an errno whitelist for
        > > getpwxx_r errno values, so that you can deal with the mess.
        >
        > That would certainly work. Thanks.

        OK. This is something that I have wanted for a long time with mailbox
        write errors. Right now the behavior is hard-coded.