Re: Bounces back to myself

  • Benny Pedersen
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 5, 2012
      Muzaffer Tolga Özses skrev den 04-12-2012 09:10:

      > mydestination = localhost

      try using it as default, comment it in main.cf

      if it still loops then recipient domain is missing in mysql

      virtual_mailbox_domains

      > virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf
      > virtual_mailbox_domains =
      > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf

      try postmap -q example.org
      mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf

      no output ?, then example.org is missing in sql data, make sure
      mydestination domains exists here, if you want to change it to just
      localhost in main.cf

      test with youŕ own domain to make sure it works

      mail.bilgisayarciniz.org

      are missing ?

      drupalizm.com

      works in postmap
    • Muzaffer Tolga Özses
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 6, 2012
        On 12/05/2012 03:57 PM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
        > Muzaffer Tolga Özses skrev den 04-12-2012 09:10:
        >
        >> mydestination = localhost
        >
        > try using it as default, comment it in main.cf
        >
        > if it still loops then recipient domain is missing in mysql
        >
        > virtual_mailbox_domains
        >
        >> virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf
        >> virtual_mailbox_domains =
        >> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
        >
        > try postmap -q example.org
        > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
        >
        > no output ?, then example.org is missing in sql data, make sure
        > mydestination domains exists here, if you want to change it to just
        > localhost in main.cf
        >
        > test with youŕ own domain to make sure it works
        >
        > mail.bilgisayarciniz.org
        >
        > are missing ?
        >
        > drupalizm.com
        >
        > works in postmap

        Hi again,

        I've resolved all but one of these bouncing issues. How do I silently
        discard e-mails sent to an unknown user, because they also bounce?

        Regards,
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 6, 2012
          Le 06/12/2012 14:58, Muzaffer Tolga Özses a écrit :

          > On 12/05/2012 03:57 PM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
          >> Muzaffer Tolga Özses skrev den 04-12-2012 09:10:
          >>
          >>> mydestination = localhost
          >>
          >> try using it as default, comment it in main.cf
          >>
          >> if it still loops then recipient domain is missing in mysql
          >>
          >> virtual_mailbox_domains
          >>
          >>> virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf
          >>> virtual_mailbox_domains =
          >>> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
          >>
          >> try postmap -q example.org
          >> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
          >>
          >> no output ?, then example.org is missing in sql data, make sure
          >> mydestination domains exists here, if you want to change it to just
          >> localhost in main.cf
          >>
          >> test with youŕ own domain to make sure it works
          >>
          >> mail.bilgisayarciniz.org
          >>
          >> are missing ?
          >>
          >> drupalizm.com
          >>
          >> works in postmap
          >>

          > Hi again,
          >
          > I've resolved all but one of these bouncing issues. How do I silently
          > discard e-mails sent to an unknown user, because they also bounce?

          do not accept mail unless you deliver it.

          now, if you have queued mail to remove, you can use
          # postsuper -d $queueid
        • Muzaffer Tolga Özses
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
            On 12/06/2012 11:38 PM, mouss wrote:
            > Le 06/12/2012 14:58, Muzaffer Tolga Özses a écrit :

            >>> try using it as default, comment it in main.cf
            >>>
            >>> if it still loops then recipient domain is missing in mysql
            >>>
            >>> virtual_mailbox_domains

            >>> try postmap -q example.org
            >>> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
            >>>
            >>> no output ?, then example.org is missing in sql data, make sure
            >>> mydestination domains exists here, if you want to change it to just
            >>> localhost in main.cf
            >>>
            >>> test with youŕ own domain to make sure it works
            >>>
            >>> mail.bilgisayarciniz.org
            >>>
            >>> are missing ?
            >>>
            >>> drupalizm.com
            >>>
            >>> works in postmap
            >>>

            >> Hi again,
            >>
            >> I've resolved all but one of these bouncing issues. How do I silently
            >> discard e-mails sent to an unknown user, because they also bounce?
            >
            > do not accept mail unless you deliver it.
            >
            > now, if you have queued mail to remove, you can use
            > # postsuper -d $queueid

            The domain exists, but not the user. How do I achieve your suggestion?

            Regards,
          • Reindl Harald
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
              Am 07.12.2012 09:37, schrieb Muzaffer Tolga Özses:
              >> do not accept mail unless you deliver it.
              >>
              >> now, if you have queued mail to remove, you can use
              >> # postsuper -d $queueid
              >>
              > The domain exists, but not the user. How do I achieve your suggestion?

              in my setup "local_recipient_maps" must contain all existent RCPT
              but my setup maybe very special qith a lot of mysql-maps and tables
              because dbmail as storage/imap/pop3

              BEFORE any mailserver will be connected to the internet it
              is a basic task to make 100% sure not accept messages which
              can not be finally delivered - either you will get blacklisted
              because backscattering very soon
            • Muzaffer Tolga Özses
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
                On 12/07/2012 12:39 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

                > Am 07.12.2012 09:37, schrieb Muzaffer Tolga Özses:
                >>> do not accept mail unless you deliver it.
                >>>
                >>> now, if you have queued mail to remove, you can use
                >>> # postsuper -d $queueid
                >>>
                >> The domain exists, but not the user. How do I achieve your suggestion?
                > in my setup "local_recipient_maps" must contain all existent RCPT
                > but my setup maybe very special qith a lot of mysql-maps and tables
                > because dbmail as storage/imap/pop3
                >
                > BEFORE any mailserver will be connected to the internet it
                > is a basic task to make 100% sure not accept messages which
                > can not be finally delivered - either you will get blacklisted
                > because backscattering very soon

                NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-ea0-f172.google.com[209.85.215.172]: 550 5.1.1 <root@...>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<tolga@...> to=<root@...> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-ea0-f172.google.com> <--- This piece of log is from when I try to mail root@... directly.

                2617A9BFF: to=<root@...>, relay=virtual, delay=0.01, delays=0/0/0/0, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (unknown user: "root@...") <--- This is from when the system-sent mail to root is redirected to root@....

                In both cases root@... does not exist. How can I silently discard in the second case?

                Regards,
              • Reindl Harald
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
                  Am 07.12.2012 12:26, schrieb Muzaffer Tolga Özses:

                  > On 12/07/2012 12:39 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
                  >> BEFORE any mailserver will be connected to the internet it
                  >> is a basic task to make 100% sure not accept messages which
                  >> can not be finally delivered - either you will get blacklisted
                  >> because backscattering very soon
                  >>
                  > NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-ea0-f172.google.com[209.85.215.172]: 550 5.1.1 <root@...>:
                  > Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<tolga@...>
                  > to=<root@...> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-ea0-f172.google.com> <--- This piece of log is from when I try
                  > to mail root@... directly.

                  so your config is fine, what's the problem

                  > 2617A9BFF: to=<root@...>, relay=virtual, delay=0.01, delays=0/0/0/0, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced
                  > (unknown user: "root@...") <--- This is from when the system-sent mail to root is redirected to
                  > root@....
                  >
                  > In both cases root@... does not exist. How can I silently discard in the second case?

                  you do NOT want to discard SYSTEM-MAILS

                  in the whole thread was not clear for me that you speak about
                  local delivery and not SMTP

                  /etc/aliases:
                  # Person who should get root's mail
                  root: whoever@...

                  "newaliases" needs to be called after changes!
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
                    On 12/7/2012 5:26 AM, Muzaffer Tolga Özses wrote:
                    > NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-ea0-f172.google.com[209.85.215.172]:
                    > 550 5.1.1 <root@...>: Recipient address rejected:
                    > User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<tolga@...>
                    > to=<root@...> proto=ESMTP
                    > helo=<mail-ea0-f172.google.com> <--- This piece of log is from when
                    > I try to mail root@... directly.

                    This is correct behavior; SMTP mail to unknown recipient is rejected.

                    > 2617A9BFF: to=<root@...>, relay=virtual, delay=0.01,
                    > delays=0/0/0/0, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (unknown user:
                    > "root@...") <--- This is from when the system-sent
                    > mail to root is redirected to root@....

                    This is correct behavior; undeliverable local mail submitted via the
                    sendmail(1) interface is returned to sender.

                    > In both cases root@... does not exist. How can I
                    > silently discard in the second case?

                    Add a virtual_alias_maps entry redirecting root to a valid
                    recipient. If you don't want these potentially important messages,
                    you can direct the valid recipient to the discard: transport with a
                    transport_maps entry.

                    -- Noel Jones
                  • Muzaffer
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012