Re: Bounces back to myself

  • The_Ace
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 4, 2012
      On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Muzaffer Tolga Özses <tolga@...> wrote:

      >Dec 4 09:57:29 kartagis postfix/smtp[21296]: D576E9988: to=
      ><[node:author:mail]@...>, orig_to=<[node:author:mail]>, relay=none, delay=0.01, >delays=0.01/0/0.01/0, dsn=5.4.6, status=bounced (mail for mail.bilgisayarciniz.org loops back to
      >myself)
      >Dec 4 09:57:29 kartagis postfix/cleanup[21291]: D8D5F998C: message-id=<20121204075729.D8D5F998C@...>
      >Dec 4 09:57:29 kartagis postfix/bounce[21490]: D576E9988: sender non-delivery notification: >D8D5F998C

      As the server has sent Non Delivery Notices, there's no mail in the
      queue to delete..

      Also I think your issue is that you've set the myhostname to
      mail.bilgisayarciniz.org but this is not listed in mydestination or
      virtual_mailbox_domains.
      DNS lookup is probably telling your postfix that MX or A record for
      mail.bilgisayarciniz.org is the server itself. Thus the error message
      saying mail loops back to myself.

      Regards,
      Mihira.
      --
      The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff.
    • Benny Pedersen
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 5, 2012
        Muzaffer Tolga Özses skrev den 04-12-2012 09:10:

        > mydestination = localhost

        try using it as default, comment it in main.cf

        if it still loops then recipient domain is missing in mysql

        virtual_mailbox_domains

        > virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf
        > virtual_mailbox_domains =
        > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf

        try postmap -q example.org
        mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf

        no output ?, then example.org is missing in sql data, make sure
        mydestination domains exists here, if you want to change it to just
        localhost in main.cf

        test with youŕ own domain to make sure it works

        mail.bilgisayarciniz.org

        are missing ?

        drupalizm.com

        works in postmap
      • Muzaffer Tolga Özses
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 6, 2012
          On 12/05/2012 03:57 PM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
          > Muzaffer Tolga Özses skrev den 04-12-2012 09:10:
          >
          >> mydestination = localhost
          >
          > try using it as default, comment it in main.cf
          >
          > if it still loops then recipient domain is missing in mysql
          >
          > virtual_mailbox_domains
          >
          >> virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf
          >> virtual_mailbox_domains =
          >> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
          >
          > try postmap -q example.org
          > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
          >
          > no output ?, then example.org is missing in sql data, make sure
          > mydestination domains exists here, if you want to change it to just
          > localhost in main.cf
          >
          > test with youŕ own domain to make sure it works
          >
          > mail.bilgisayarciniz.org
          >
          > are missing ?
          >
          > drupalizm.com
          >
          > works in postmap

          Hi again,

          I've resolved all but one of these bouncing issues. How do I silently
          discard e-mails sent to an unknown user, because they also bounce?

          Regards,
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 6, 2012
            Le 06/12/2012 14:58, Muzaffer Tolga Özses a écrit :

            > On 12/05/2012 03:57 PM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
            >> Muzaffer Tolga Özses skrev den 04-12-2012 09:10:
            >>
            >>> mydestination = localhost
            >>
            >> try using it as default, comment it in main.cf
            >>
            >> if it still loops then recipient domain is missing in mysql
            >>
            >> virtual_mailbox_domains
            >>
            >>> virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf
            >>> virtual_mailbox_domains =
            >>> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
            >>
            >> try postmap -q example.org
            >> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
            >>
            >> no output ?, then example.org is missing in sql data, make sure
            >> mydestination domains exists here, if you want to change it to just
            >> localhost in main.cf
            >>
            >> test with youŕ own domain to make sure it works
            >>
            >> mail.bilgisayarciniz.org
            >>
            >> are missing ?
            >>
            >> drupalizm.com
            >>
            >> works in postmap
            >>

            > Hi again,
            >
            > I've resolved all but one of these bouncing issues. How do I silently
            > discard e-mails sent to an unknown user, because they also bounce?

            do not accept mail unless you deliver it.

            now, if you have queued mail to remove, you can use
            # postsuper -d $queueid
          • Muzaffer Tolga Özses
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
              On 12/06/2012 11:38 PM, mouss wrote:
              > Le 06/12/2012 14:58, Muzaffer Tolga Özses a écrit :

              >>> try using it as default, comment it in main.cf
              >>>
              >>> if it still loops then recipient domain is missing in mysql
              >>>
              >>> virtual_mailbox_domains

              >>> try postmap -q example.org
              >>> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
              >>>
              >>> no output ?, then example.org is missing in sql data, make sure
              >>> mydestination domains exists here, if you want to change it to just
              >>> localhost in main.cf
              >>>
              >>> test with youŕ own domain to make sure it works
              >>>
              >>> mail.bilgisayarciniz.org
              >>>
              >>> are missing ?
              >>>
              >>> drupalizm.com
              >>>
              >>> works in postmap
              >>>

              >> Hi again,
              >>
              >> I've resolved all but one of these bouncing issues. How do I silently
              >> discard e-mails sent to an unknown user, because they also bounce?
              >
              > do not accept mail unless you deliver it.
              >
              > now, if you have queued mail to remove, you can use
              > # postsuper -d $queueid

              The domain exists, but not the user. How do I achieve your suggestion?

              Regards,
            • Reindl Harald
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
                Am 07.12.2012 09:37, schrieb Muzaffer Tolga Özses:
                >> do not accept mail unless you deliver it.
                >>
                >> now, if you have queued mail to remove, you can use
                >> # postsuper -d $queueid
                >>
                > The domain exists, but not the user. How do I achieve your suggestion?

                in my setup "local_recipient_maps" must contain all existent RCPT
                but my setup maybe very special qith a lot of mysql-maps and tables
                because dbmail as storage/imap/pop3

                BEFORE any mailserver will be connected to the internet it
                is a basic task to make 100% sure not accept messages which
                can not be finally delivered - either you will get blacklisted
                because backscattering very soon
              • Muzaffer Tolga Özses
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
                  On 12/07/2012 12:39 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

                  > Am 07.12.2012 09:37, schrieb Muzaffer Tolga Özses:
                  >>> do not accept mail unless you deliver it.
                  >>>
                  >>> now, if you have queued mail to remove, you can use
                  >>> # postsuper -d $queueid
                  >>>
                  >> The domain exists, but not the user. How do I achieve your suggestion?
                  > in my setup "local_recipient_maps" must contain all existent RCPT
                  > but my setup maybe very special qith a lot of mysql-maps and tables
                  > because dbmail as storage/imap/pop3
                  >
                  > BEFORE any mailserver will be connected to the internet it
                  > is a basic task to make 100% sure not accept messages which
                  > can not be finally delivered - either you will get blacklisted
                  > because backscattering very soon

                  NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-ea0-f172.google.com[209.85.215.172]: 550 5.1.1 <root@...>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<tolga@...> to=<root@...> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-ea0-f172.google.com> <--- This piece of log is from when I try to mail root@... directly.

                  2617A9BFF: to=<root@...>, relay=virtual, delay=0.01, delays=0/0/0/0, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (unknown user: "root@...") <--- This is from when the system-sent mail to root is redirected to root@....

                  In both cases root@... does not exist. How can I silently discard in the second case?

                  Regards,
                • Reindl Harald
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
                    Am 07.12.2012 12:26, schrieb Muzaffer Tolga Özses:

                    > On 12/07/2012 12:39 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
                    >> BEFORE any mailserver will be connected to the internet it
                    >> is a basic task to make 100% sure not accept messages which
                    >> can not be finally delivered - either you will get blacklisted
                    >> because backscattering very soon
                    >>
                    > NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-ea0-f172.google.com[209.85.215.172]: 550 5.1.1 <root@...>:
                    > Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<tolga@...>
                    > to=<root@...> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-ea0-f172.google.com> <--- This piece of log is from when I try
                    > to mail root@... directly.

                    so your config is fine, what's the problem

                    > 2617A9BFF: to=<root@...>, relay=virtual, delay=0.01, delays=0/0/0/0, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced
                    > (unknown user: "root@...") <--- This is from when the system-sent mail to root is redirected to
                    > root@....
                    >
                    > In both cases root@... does not exist. How can I silently discard in the second case?

                    you do NOT want to discard SYSTEM-MAILS

                    in the whole thread was not clear for me that you speak about
                    local delivery and not SMTP

                    /etc/aliases:
                    # Person who should get root's mail
                    root: whoever@...

                    "newaliases" needs to be called after changes!
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
                      On 12/7/2012 5:26 AM, Muzaffer Tolga Özses wrote:
                      > NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-ea0-f172.google.com[209.85.215.172]:
                      > 550 5.1.1 <root@...>: Recipient address rejected:
                      > User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<tolga@...>
                      > to=<root@...> proto=ESMTP
                      > helo=<mail-ea0-f172.google.com> <--- This piece of log is from when
                      > I try to mail root@... directly.

                      This is correct behavior; SMTP mail to unknown recipient is rejected.

                      > 2617A9BFF: to=<root@...>, relay=virtual, delay=0.01,
                      > delays=0/0/0/0, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (unknown user:
                      > "root@...") <--- This is from when the system-sent
                      > mail to root is redirected to root@....

                      This is correct behavior; undeliverable local mail submitted via the
                      sendmail(1) interface is returned to sender.

                      > In both cases root@... does not exist. How can I
                      > silently discard in the second case?

                      Add a virtual_alias_maps entry redirecting root to a valid
                      recipient. If you don't want these potentially important messages,
                      you can direct the valid recipient to the discard: transport with a
                      transport_maps entry.

                      -- Noel Jones
                    • Muzaffer
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012