Remote Access and multiple Domains

  • wisplists@airnet.ca
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2012

      Hi,
      It was in 2006 That Mouss help me setup our Postfix  box and it worked flawlessly till November 27th 2012, when We had to upgrade the box to the latest version of webmin for the ability to watch our raid device, that the problems started. An unruly apt-get started deleting files and bingo, our postfix with courier, cyrus, squirrelmail and dbadmin ceased to function.
      Now today we have a postfix, with dovecot, dovecot sasl, roundcube and hopefully postfixadmin when we are done. We still have our original mysql database and nothing was lost there.
      Problem is that we cannot remotely log in via smtp, but can with imap and pop3. Also cannot have email sent to our other domains that we also host.

      Which files and logs are required to assist us please?

      --
      You have a Good Day now,

      Carl A Jeptha

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2012
        On 12/4/2012 8:59 AM, wisplists@... wrote:
        > Hi,
        > It was in 2006 That Mouss help me setup our Postfix box and it
        > worked flawlessly till November 27th 2012, when We had to upgrade
        > the box to the latest version of webmin for the ability to watch our
        > raid device, that the problems started. An unruly apt-get started
        > deleting files and bingo, our postfix with courier, cyrus,
        > squirrelmail and dbadmin ceased to function.
        > Now today we have a postfix, with dovecot, dovecot sasl, roundcube
        > and hopefully postfixadmin when we are done. We still have our
        > original mysql database and nothing was lost there.
        > Problem is that we cannot remotely log in via smtp, but can with
        > imap and pop3. Also cannot have email sent to our other domains that
        > we also host.
        >
        > Which files and logs are required to assist us please?
        >
        > --
        > You have a Good Day now,
        >

        > Carl A Jeptha

        If you're having trouble with SASL, please see:
        http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#server_sasl

        Instructions to report a problem:

      • wisplists@airnet.ca
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2012
          Yes, we have read both before we posted and have researched heavily on
          the internet. Hence the way the email sent, we have followed more than
          one setup troubleshoot.
          We were hoping a fresh pair of eyes would pick up the mistake we have
          made.

          You have a Good Day now,

          Carl A Jeptha
          http://www.airnet.ca
          Office Phone: 1-877-534-0021 ext 206
          Office Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm
          oovoo cajeptha

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2012
            On 12/4/2012 2:05 PM, wisplists@... wrote:
            > Yes, we have read both before we posted and have researched heavily
            > on the internet. Hence the way the email sent, we have followed more
            > than one setup troubleshoot.
            > We were hoping a fresh pair of eyes would pick up the mistake we
            > have made.

            Please don't top post.

            You didn't include enough information for anyone to help you,
            basically "here's my postconf -n output that doesn't work" with no
            specifics.

            Please see: http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail

            Include in your request for help:
            - a clear description of the problem; what isn't working, what you
            expected to happen, what really happened.

            - supporting documentation; "postconf -n" output and master.cf
            modifications (or better, postfinger output), and unedited
            non-verbose logs displaying the unwanted behavior, including any
            errors or warnings in the postfix logs.

            - corrective measures you've already tried.

            - if you're having trouble with SASL authentication, saslfinger
            output is helpful, along with a recording of a test login attempt,
            including whatever is logged during the attempt. Caution, the logs
            may contain easily-decoded passwords; use a test account.