Re: Need to review my postfix setup

  • Jeroen Geilman
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2012
      On 12/02/2012 04:17 PM, John Allen wrote:
      I setup my original Postfix setup up some time ago using Jeff Posluns excellent howto/tutorial.
      My setup works and seems to work quite well, but I know that I have not kept pace with the changes and improvements in Postfix. Additionally, as a result of following this mail list, I believe that my configuration may not be as good as it could be (somethings are in main.cf tha might be better in master and vice versa).

      Could somebody recommend a howto/tutorial that might help me bring my setup up to date and or improve it.

      John A
      --

      This is way too vague a question to elicit meaningful answers.

      Study the documentation for the features you want to use, upgrade your old configuration to the one you're migrating to using the provided upgrade-configurartion option to postconf(8), (2.9.x is current; don't use anything older), and ask directed questions concerning proven working (i.e., actual, not imaginary) functionality if and when any problems arise.

      Be prepared with full configuration details and relevant non-verbose logs when you do.

      --
      J.