Re: alias_maps are not being read correctly

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2012
      Le 30/11/2012 18:36, list@... a écrit :
      > [snip]
      > Thanks for the clarification Noel, from your explanation it appears my
      > relay is virtual so the alias_maps are not going to be recognized for
      > the domains that are hosted virtually. I just created a mysql table
      > with a source and destination column like so:
      >
      > massmailaddr -> destaddr1
      > massmailaddr -> destaddr2

      it is recommended to use "fully qualified" addresses (put the domain in
      the addresses). otherwise, if you change myorigin, you'll have a surprise...

      > Added virtual_alias_map = mysql:/etc/postfix/massmail.cf:
      >
      > hosts = x.x.x.x, y.y.y.y
      > user = user
      > password = password
      > dbname = massmail
      > query = SELECT destination FROM entries WHERE source = '%s'
      >
      > postmap -q massmailaddr mysql:/etc/postfix/massmail.cf:
      >
      > destaddr1, destaddr2, ...
      >
      > And had success. I also had to update the value for
      > virtual_alias_expansion_limit as my customer needed to deliver to more
      > than the default 1000 addresses.

      For mass mail, it is recommended to use a mailing list manager, such as
      mailman and sympa. these tools have been design for that task (and they
      do many things that you'll have a hard time implementing with a stock
      MTA).