Re: Postfix multiple instances + Dovecot

  • WebprodsPT
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2012
      On 12/01/2012 10:15 AM, WebprodsPT wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I have a multiple instance Postfix setup. The first (original) one was
      > configured with dovecot with the property:
      >
      > smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth-client
      >
      > This path represents a socket where dovecot listens to postfix
      > connections (pardon me if this description is not 100% accurate).
      >
      > Now the other postfix instances doesn't have this special socket "file"
      > in their spool directory, so I receive the following error in other
      > Postfix instances:
      >
      > warning: SASL: Connect to private/auth-client failed: No such file or
      > directory
      >
      > Since the property smtpd_sasl_path is relative to the instance spool
      > directory, and the new instances have a separate spool directory, how
      > can I configure the new instances to use the same socket descriptor as
      > the original?
      >
      > Already tried to use an absolute path in smtpd_sasl_path but I had no
      > success.
      >
      > Thank you
      > gm

      Problem solved.

      Running cloned instances as not chrooted and set smtpd_sasl_path as
      absolute.

      Also had to clone lib folder to avoid process locking problems.

      If this configuration is not advisable I ask you to reply please.

      Thanks,
      gm
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2012
        WebprodsPT:
        > On 12/01/2012 10:15 AM, WebprodsPT wrote:
        > > Hello,
        > >
        > > I have a multiple instance Postfix setup. The first (original) one was
        > > configured with dovecot with the property:
        > >
        > > smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth-client

        You can't share a relative pathname. You may, however, be able to
        specify an IP address (127.0.0.1) and port instead:

        smtpd_sasl_path = inet:127.0.0.1:whatever

        See your Dovecot docs if TCP sockets are supported in your version.

        > Running cloned instances as not chrooted and set smtpd_sasl_path as
        > absolute.

        That will also work.

        > Also had to clone lib folder to avoid process locking problems.

        Indeed: each instance requires its own queue_directory and
        data_directory setting.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
          Le 01/12/2012 11:15, WebprodsPT a écrit :
          > Hello,
          >
          > I have a multiple instance Postfix setup. The first (original) one was
          > configured with dovecot with the property:
          >
          > smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth-client
          >
          > This path represents a socket where dovecot listens to postfix
          > connections (pardon me if this description is not 100% accurate).
          >
          > Now the other postfix instances doesn't have this special socket
          > "file" in their spool directory, so I receive the following error in
          > other Postfix instances:
          > [snip]

          create a socket for each postfix instance.

          With dovecot 1.x, that would look like

          client {
          path = /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-auth
          mode = 0660
          user = postfix
          group = postfix
          }

          client {
          path = /d/spool/postfix2/private/dovecot-auth
          mode = 0660
          user = postfix
          group = postfix
          }

          With dovecot 2.x, something like

          unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-auth {
          mode = 0666
          user = postfix
          group = postfix
          }

          unix_listener /var/spool/postfix2/private/dovecot-auth {
          mode = 0666
          user = postfix
          group = postfix
          }