Re: Using error(8) mailer with sender_dependent_relayhost_maps

  • Adi Pircalabu
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2012
      On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 23:57:37 -0600
      Noel Jones wrote:

      > On 11/29/2012 11:35 PM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
      > > On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 04:18:14PM +1100, Adi Pircalabu wrote:
      [...]
      > >> http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#client_sasl_sender
      > >> http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html
      > >> Now I have the following entry in /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      > >>
      > >> sender_dependent_relayhost_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relayhost_maps
      > >
      > > Not surprisingly, when you set the relay host to a transport:nexthop
      > > it does not work. You may want to try:
      > >
      > > http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#sender_dependent_default_transport_maps

      That was it, thanks! It now works and also helped to clarify the
      confusion made between sender_dependent_relayhost_maps and
      sender_dependent_default_transport_maps

      > Alternately, you can use a policy service, such as postfwd, that
      > rejects the mail when sasl_username is a disabled user.
      >
      > http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_POLICY_README.html
      > http://www.postfix.org/addon.html#policy
      > http://postfwd.org/

      I'm not using a policy service yet on this server, the aim in the
      medium term is to scale down the SMTP service and get the customers
      migrated on a different system.

      Thanks for your help.

      Adi