Limit outgoing SMTP connections

  • andrey@sh3.com.br
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2012
      I have a Postfix Server configured by myself running on a 3rd part linux cloud server.

      This cloud server __has__ to be limited to up to 60 SMTP outgoing concurrent connections at the once. If it bypass this limit, it's blocked for 30 minutes and the postfix can't deliver any e-mail during this interval. There's no limit receiving e-mails.
      Mails sent from virtual transport don't affect ths rule.

      The question is: How can I limit Postfix (Smtp, Queue, ...) to make up to X SMTP outgoing concurrent connections?

      I already tryed:

      master.cf
      ---------
      smtp    unix  -       -       -       -       X       smtp
              -o smtp_destination_concurrency_limit=Y

      I suppose that the max number of concurrent connections will be X * Y, so in my conf X = 1 and Y = 10. But it is still relaying more than 60 connections at once. Where I'm wrong?

      Thanks in advance;
          Andrey

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2012
        andrey@...:

        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#default_process_limit

        > smtp unix - - - - X smtp
        > -o smtp_destination_concurrency_limit=Y

        As documented, xxx_destination_concurrency_limit is implemented
        by the SCHEDULER not by individual delivery agents.