destination rate_delay not working?

  • Len Conrad
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2012
      freebsd 9.0
      postfix 2.10

      we have:

      master.cf

      orange unix - - n - 1 smtp

      and transport.map

      orange.fr orange:
      wanadoo.fr orange:

      main.cf

      postconf | egrep destination | egrep -iv '\$'

      default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit = 1
      default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback = 1
      default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback = 1
      default_destination_rate_delay = 60s
      default_destination_recipient_limit = 1
      destination_concurrency_feedback_debug = no
      initial_destination_concurrency = 1

      but smtp orange.fr still rejecting at a rate of about every 5 to 7 seconds:

      status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: host smtp-in.orange.fr[193.252.22.65] refused to talk to me: 421 mwinf5c21 ME Service refuse. Veuillez essayer plus tard. Service refused, please try later. OFR_999 [999])

      thanks
      Len
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2012
        Len Conrad:

        > freebsd 9.0
        > postfix 2.10
        >
        > we have:
        >
        > master.cf
        >
        > orange unix - - n - 1 smtp
        >
        > and transport.map
        >
        > orange.fr orange:
        > wanadoo.fr orange:
        >
        > main.cf
        >
        > postconf | egrep destination | egrep -iv '\$'
        >
        > default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit = 1
        > default_destination_concurrency_limit = 1
        > default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback = 1
        > default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback = 1
        > default_destination_rate_delay = 60s
        > default_destination_recipient_limit = 1

        As documented:

        default_destination_rate_delay (default: 0s)
        The default amount of delay that is inserted between individual deliv-
        eries to the same destination; the resulting behavior depends on the
        value of the corresponding per-destination recipient limit.

        o With a corresponding per-destination recipient limit > 1, the
        rate delay specifies the time between deliveries to the same
        domain. Different domains are delivered in parallel, subject to
        the process limits specified in master.cf.

        o With a corresponding per-destination recipient limit equal to 1,
        the rate delay specifies the time between deliveries to the same
        recipient. Different recipients are delivered in parallel, sub-
        ject to the process limits specified in master.cf.