Re: SSL Certificates

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 23, 2012
      On 11/23/2012 8:46 PM, The Doctor wrote:
      > I was wondering who is the best CA Cert for Postfix?

      Probably the same as the best CA for dovecot, and it depends on your
      needs.

      Any certificate will give good security, the difference is how many
      end-user software applications will automatically trust the certificate.

      For a personal or small group server, a self-signed certificate is
      great. Just tell the small group to add your self-signed snakeoil
      certificate to their "trusted" list.

      For a business where you want the certificate to work automatically
      with most client software, most of the low-cost CAs will be fine
      (not the free ones). I've used rapidsslonline, godaddy, and some
      other one I can't think of right now.

      If this is a commercial site, you may need an expensive certificate
      from the big guys -- not because it provides better security, but
      because it may be useful for your marketing.

      So in the end, there is no single best.