Re: C/C++ based Content filter API

  • DTNX Postmaster
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 23, 2012
      On Nov 23, 2012, at 08:58, Sharma, Ashish wrote:

      > Jona,
      >
      > The suggested solution is too specific to postfix, in my solution I might use SMTP aware content filter like amavisd-new prior to feeding mail to my own custom content filter, so pipe is not suitable in my case.
      >
      > I am looking for a SMTP aware content filter api in C/C++ just like 'subethasmtp' (http://code.google.com/p/subethasmtp/) for Java.

      I think you either did not read/understand the documentation, are
      asking on the wrong list, or both. Postfix supports several ways to
      chain together components, and build custom mail workflows. Passing
      mail to amavisd-new before redirecting it to a pipe is not a problem,
      for example, and that's just one of the options available.

      If your Google search for C/C++ libraries did not yield any usable
      results, and the use of Python, Perl, Java or what have you is not an
      option, then you'll either have to write something from scratch, or
      redefine your problem.

      Cya,
      Jona

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 23, 2012
        Sharma, Ashish:
        > Jona,
        >
        > The suggested solution is too specific to postfix, in my solution
        > I might use SMTP aware content filter like amavisd-new prior to
        > feeding mail to my own custom content filter, so pipe is not
        > suitable in my case.

        CONTENT_INSPECTION_README introduces two SMTP-based filter solutions.

        > I am looking for a SMTP aware content filter api in C/C++ just
        > like 'subethasmtp' (http://code.google.com/p/subethasmtp/) for
        > Java.

        Amavisd-new is widely used with Postfix and already does all the
        MIME parsing that you need.