Re: how to use 'user address' in virtual alias table with virtual domains

  • LEVAI Daniel
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 22, 2012
      On cs, nov 22, 2012 at 08:57:46 -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > LEVAI Daniel:
      > > Now I had the idea to simplify the $virtual_alias_maps table, and not
      > > specify common usernames (like abuse, postmaster etc...) for every
      > > single virtual domain separately, but specify only the usernames and map
      >
      > Are you perhaps creating every domain by hand? Let the computer do
      > the work for you! Let the computer add the postmaster, abuse, etc.
      > entries at domain creation time. As an extra benefit there will be
      > fewer mistakes due to mis-typing postmaster, abuse, etc.

      Naah :) A script adds these to the table, I just thought that I'll
      reduce this somewhat-redundancy and define some catch-alls, that's all
      :)

      But I'll stay on track with this, then.

      Thanks,
      Daniel

      --
      LÉVAI Dániel
      PGP key ID = 0x83B63A8F
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 22, 2012
        LEVAI Daniel:
        > On cs, nov 22, 2012 at 08:57:46 -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
        > > LEVAI Daniel:
        > > > Now I had the idea to simplify the $virtual_alias_maps table, and not
        > > > specify common usernames (like abuse, postmaster etc...) for every
        > > > single virtual domain separately, but specify only the usernames and map
        > >
        > > Are you perhaps creating every domain by hand? Let the computer do
        > > the work for you! Let the computer add the postmaster, abuse, etc.
        > > entries at domain creation time. As an extra benefit there will be
        > > fewer mistakes due to mis-typing postmaster, abuse, etc.
        >
        > Naah :) A script adds these to the table, I just thought that I'll
        > reduce this somewhat-redundancy and define some catch-alls, that's all
        > :)
        >
        > But I'll stay on track with this, then.

        Indeed. Postfix does not have postmaster@$=virtual_mailbox_domains
        (as Sendmail has) that automagically searches the specified domain
        list.