Re: how to use 'user address' in virtual alias table with virtual domains

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 22, 2012
      LEVAI Daniel:
      > Now I had the idea to simplify the $virtual_alias_maps table, and not
      > specify common usernames (like abuse, postmaster etc...) for every
      > single virtual domain separately, but specify only the usernames and map

      Are you perhaps creating every domain by hand? Let the computer do
      the work for you! Let the computer add the postmaster, abuse, etc.
      entries at domain creation time. As an extra benefit there will be
      fewer mistakes due to mis-typing postmaster, abuse, etc.

      Wietse
    • LEVAI Daniel
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 22, 2012
        On cs, nov 22, 2012 at 08:57:46 -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
        > LEVAI Daniel:
        > > Now I had the idea to simplify the $virtual_alias_maps table, and not
        > > specify common usernames (like abuse, postmaster etc...) for every
        > > single virtual domain separately, but specify only the usernames and map
        >
        > Are you perhaps creating every domain by hand? Let the computer do
        > the work for you! Let the computer add the postmaster, abuse, etc.
        > entries at domain creation time. As an extra benefit there will be
        > fewer mistakes due to mis-typing postmaster, abuse, etc.

        Naah :) A script adds these to the table, I just thought that I'll
        reduce this somewhat-redundancy and define some catch-alls, that's all
        :)

        But I'll stay on track with this, then.

        Thanks,
        Daniel

        --
        LÉVAI Dániel
        PGP key ID = 0x83B63A8F
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 22, 2012
          LEVAI Daniel:
          > On cs, nov 22, 2012 at 08:57:46 -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
          > > LEVAI Daniel:
          > > > Now I had the idea to simplify the $virtual_alias_maps table, and not
          > > > specify common usernames (like abuse, postmaster etc...) for every
          > > > single virtual domain separately, but specify only the usernames and map
          > >
          > > Are you perhaps creating every domain by hand? Let the computer do
          > > the work for you! Let the computer add the postmaster, abuse, etc.
          > > entries at domain creation time. As an extra benefit there will be
          > > fewer mistakes due to mis-typing postmaster, abuse, etc.
          >
          > Naah :) A script adds these to the table, I just thought that I'll
          > reduce this somewhat-redundancy and define some catch-alls, that's all
          > :)
          >
          > But I'll stay on track with this, then.

          Indeed. Postfix does not have postmaster@$=virtual_mailbox_domains
          (as Sendmail has) that automagically searches the specified domain
          list.