Re: reject sasl_authenticated

  • Robert Schetterer
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 22, 2012
      Am 22.11.2012 10:21, schrieb Tom Kinghorn:
      > Good morning list.
      >
      > Is it possible to reject sasl_authentication from certain users?
      >
      > we have a situation where certain accounts have been compromised.
      >
      > Unfortunately, the team which enables / disables accounts on the master
      > DB is a) if a different geographical location and b) take up to 24
      > hours to do so (management is looking into the process)
      >
      > Is it possible, in the interim, toREJECT the logins from these users
      > until the clientservices department does so on the DB?
      >

      > thanks
      > Tom

      as workaround you may use access table for the compromised mail address
      with some error

      4NN text

      which means try again later with additional info

      Best Regards
      MfG Robert Schetterer

      --
      [*] sys4 AG

      http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
      Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

    • Tom Kinghorn
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 22, 2012
        On 22/11/2012 11:43, Robert Schetterer wrote:
        > Am 22.11.2012 10:21, schrieb Tom Kinghorn:
        > as workaround you may use access table for the compromised mail address
        > with some error
        >
        > 4NN text
        >
        > which means try again later with additional info
        >

        > Best Regards
        > MfG Robert Schetterer

        Hi Robert

        Many thanks for the prompt response.

        I thought of that but it would appear to be malware as the sender
        address keeps changing.

        The only constant is the sasl_username.

        thanks
        Tom
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 22, 2012
          On 11/22/2012 3:21 AM, Tom Kinghorn wrote:
          > Good morning list.
          >
          > Is it possible to reject sasl_authentication from certain users?

          you can use an external policy service that rejects the mail when
          sasl_username is the compromised user.

          The postfwd policy server can do this pretty easily, but it's not
          the only choice.
          http://postfwd.org/
          http://www.postfix.org/addon.html#policy