Re: SASL authentication failure: GSSAPI Error

  • Per olof Ljungmark
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 21, 2012
      On 11/21/12 23:44, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > Per olof Ljungmark:
      >> postfix/smtp[49073]: warning: SASL authentication failure: GSSAPI Error:
      >> Miscellaneous failure (see text) (open(/tmp/krb5cc_125): No such file
      >> or directory)
      >
      > Postfix is the messenger that reports bad news from the SASL library.
      >
      > The name /tmp/krb5cc* is normally used to store a Kerberos ticket.
      > Apparently, there is no such file.
      >
      > This is not really a Postfix error, but something that can happen
      > with any Kerberos-based application.

      Yes, and cyrus is a mess.

      Funny how just a change of password can tilt a working install. Anyway,
      problem solved, I had to add more sasl related options to main.cf.

      In the receiving end

      was
      smtpd_sasl_security_options =

      and for the smtp client

      smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter = plain, login

      was

      smtp_sasl_security_options =

      --
      BSDLabs AB